Much to the dismay of many Android users, Samsung and Epic Games announced that the Fortnite Android Beta would be initially available on Samsung Galaxy devices. However, Epic Games has released a list of other devices that will gain access “in waves […] over the next few days.”
Initially announced at Samsung’s Unpacked 2018 event which unveiled the Galaxy Note9, Galaxy Watch, and a new Galaxy Home speaker, may Android users with non-Galaxy devices expressed dismay. However, as we mentioned in our post about the early access, Samsung did note that it was “for the next few days,” something Epic Games has confirmed on their website.
The Android Beta will be available on a number of newer higher-end devices, with a smaller batch of unsupported devices currently being worked on. Epic Games also indicates that if your device isn’t on the list, it may work if it meets minimum specifications.
Android Beta initially will work on the following devices:
- Samsung Galaxy: S7 / S7 Edge , S8 / S8+, S9 / S9+, Note 8, Note 9, Tab S3, Tab S4
- Google: Pixel / Pixel XL, Pixel 2 / Pixel 2 XL
- Asus: ROG Phone, Zenfone 4 Pro, 5Z, V
- Essential: PH-1
- Huawei: Honor 10, Honor Play, Mate 10 / Pro, Mate RS, Nova 3, P20 / Pro, V10
- LG: G5, G6, G7 ThinQ, V20, V30 / V30+
- Nokia: 8
- OnePlus: 5 / 5T, 6
- Razer: Phone
- Xiaomi: Blackshark, Mi 5 / 5S / 5S Plus, 6 / 6 Plus, Mi 8 / 8 Explorer / 8SE, Mi Mix, Mi Mix 2, Mi Mix 2S, Mi Note 2
- ZTE: Axon 7 / 7s, Axon M, Nubia / Z17 / Z17s, Nubia Z11
Currently unsupported, working on fixes in the near term:
- HTC: 10, U Ultra, U11 / U11+, U12+
- Lenovo: Moto Z / Z Droid, Moto Z2 Force
- Sony: Xperia: XZ/ XZs, XZ1, XZ2
If your phone is not on this list, it might still work assuming if you have the following specs:
- OS: 64 bit Android, 5.0 or higher
- RAM: 3GB or higher
- GPU: Adreno 530 or higher, Mali-G71 MP20, Mali-G72 MP12 or higher
So if you don’t have a supported Samsung Galaxy device, you can sign up on the Fortnite Android Beta website as we speak and hopefully you’ll be up and running over the weekend, if not early next week.
Last Updated on August 9, 2018.