While I don’t remember my first paper airplane, I can say with confidence that I’ve made hundreds of paper airplanes in my day. Making a paper airplane is a childhood right of passage and a learning experience. Our kids have books dedicated to making paper airplanes and they love them. That’s why the POWERUP DART is a really cool project I think kids and adults will love.
The POWERUP DART is a paper airplane kit that adds a little bit of smart technology to your creation. Essentially the POWERUP DART will make a paper airplane into a very inexpensive drone.
The POWERUP DART lets you transform plain paper airplanes into high-tech smartphone-controlled flying machines. With the DART, pilots can perform precision aerobatic maneuvers at the flick of the wrist, including loops, flips and barrel rolls with ease. The POWERUP DART module uses Bluetooth smart technology to easily control and maneuver a small paper plane with speeds of up to 25 MPH and a range more than 200 feet. The unit also includes landing gear for takeoff and landing capability. The POWERUP DART kit includes plane templates for users to fly, but design possibilities are endless. Users can control their flight using intuitive gesture controls or the gamepad-style app interface.
POWERUP DART Specs and features include:
- Airplane weight: 11.5g / 0.4 ounces
- Total length: 154mm / 6 inches
- Material: Carbon Fiber hull; polypropylene and fiberglass reinforced Nylon plastics; rubber bumper
- Battery: Rechargeable Lithium Polymer 3.7v 75mAh
- Charging time: 25-30 minutes
- Input Voltage: 5V with standard micro USB cable
- Range: Over 200ft/60 meters
- Warranty: 1 full year on all parts besides propeller and battery
- Battery Warranty: 6 months
The POWERUP DART is currently on sale right now on the company’s website for $39USD for a single kit. The double kit is $70USD and the top of the line kit with extra parts is $80USD. It’s a pretty inexpensive fun experience for both kids and adults. Stay tuned to Techaeris as we’ll have a review on this next-gen paper airplane up soon!
Last Updated on