In case you’re unaware, Android One is the name given phones that run Google’s unmodified Android operating system. In order to provide a consistent user experience and improved security with frequent updates, Google created this new hardware and software technical standard. Android One devices run the gamut and the LG G7 One — based on the LG G7 ThinQ we recently reviewed — is the first premium Android One device in Canada.
“The LG G7 One is a premium smartphone designed by LG’s reliable hardware and Android’s simple, secured software,” said Ash Molaei, Senior Brand Manager for LG Canada’s Mobile Communications division. “As the smartphone ecosystem matures, LG strives to empower its customers to enjoy genuine Android experiences with the latest technologies and features during their entire span of ownership.”
Running Android 8.1 Oreo out of the box with only the bare essential apps, including Google Assistant and Google Lens, the LG G7 One will get the Android 9 Pie upgrade by the end of the year. Additionally, owners of this premium smartphone can expect regular security updates for more peace of mind.
“We’re thrilled to partner with LG on the LG G7 One, the first Android One device in Canada,” said Jon Gold, Director of Android Partner Programs at Google. “With a unique and convenient access to the Google Assistant and Google’s AI-forward software on top of LG’s premier hardware experience, the LG G7 One is a great addition to the portfolio of best-in-class Android One smartphones.”
Like it’s LG G7 ThinQ sibling, the G7 One features virtual 3D sound as well as 7.1 channel DTS:X support and 32-bit Hi-Fi Quad DAC when used with high-quality headphones. Another feature that will be added later this year is LG’s AI Cam, first introduced on the LG V30.
Features and specifications of the LG G7 One include:
- Chipset: Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ 835 Mobile Platform
- Display: 6.1-inch QHD+ 19.5:9 FullVision Super Bright Display (3120 x 1440)
- Memory: 4GB LPDDR4x RAM / 32GB UFS 2.1 ROM / MicroSD (up to 2TB)
- Rear: 16MP Standard Angle (F1.6 / 71°)
- Front: 8MP Wide Angle (F1.9 / 80°)
- Battery: 3000mAh
- Operating System: Android 8.1 Oreo (Android One)
- Network: LTE / 3G / 2G
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi 802.11 a, b, g, n, ac / Bluetooth 5.0 BLE / NFC / USB Type-C 2.0 (3.1 compatible)
- Other: AI CAM† / Bright Camera / Boombox Speaker / Google Lens / 32-bit Hi-Fi Quad DAC / DTS: X 3D Surround Sound / IP68 Water and Dust Resistance / HDR10 / Google Assistant Key / Face Recognition / Fingerprint Sensor / Qualcomm Quick Charge™ 3.0 Technology / MIL-STD 810G Compliant / FM Radio
- Colour: New Aurora Black
- Size: 153.2 x 71.9 x 7.9mm
- Weight: 156g
The LG G7 One will be available in Canada at the following carriers and retailers as of October 19, 2018: Rogers, Fido, TELUS, Koodo Mobile, Bell, Virgin Mobile, WIRELESSWAVE, Tbooth wireless, The Mobile Shop, WOW! mobile boutique, Videotron, Eastlink, and SaskTel. Check with your local carrier for pricing and availability information.
Last Updated on October 3, 2018.