With CES 2019 underway, Acer has announced two new gaming laptops: the convertible Predator Triton 900 and the “thinner and meaner” Predator Triton 500.
“We are pushing the envelope on what a gaming notebook can be with designs that offer more uses while still packing in the computing power. The Predator Triton 900’s one-of-a-kind flipping screen allows for multiple gaming scenarios and better ergonomics, while the Triton 500 offers superb gaming performance in a slimmer, all-metal body for gamers on the go.”Jerry Hou, General Manager, Consumer Notebooks, IT Products Business at Acer
Predator Triton 900
The Acer Predator Triton 900 features a CNC-machined Ezel Aero Hinge that allows users to flip, extend, or recline its 17-inch display. As a result, this gaming laptop can be used in four different modes:
- Display mode: for sharing the screen with friends during gaming sessions
- Ezel mode: for playing games on the touch screen
- Notebook mode: for traditional gaming scenarios
- Stand mode: effectively turning the Triton 900 into a tablet for gaming or using creator tools
Convertible functionality aside, the Triton 900 is a gaming powerhouse with beefy internals that
“We’re excited that our new GeForce RTX 2080 GPU is helping Acer redefine gaming experiences on notebooks. With breakthrough technologies including real time ray tracing and next-gen, and ultra-fast GDDR6 memory, gamers can confidently choose the Predator Triton 900 for a robust, feature-rich gaming platform.”Kaustubh Sanghani, General Manager, GeForce OEM at NVIDIA
- Processor: Intel Core i7-8750H
- Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 8GB GDDR6
- Display: 17.3-inch 4K IPS with G-Sync
- Memory: 16GB
- Storage: 1TB NVMe PCIe SSD (2x 512GB RAID-0)
The Predator Triton 900 will be available in North America in March with prices starting at US$3,999; in EMEA in March, with prices starting at €4,199, and in China in March, with prices starting at ¥39,999.
Predator Triton 500
The Acer Predator Triton 500, on the other hand, is a 15.6-inch Full HD gaming notebook that is just 0.70-inches thick and weighs 4.6lbs. With it’s all-metal chassis and narrow 0.25-inch bezels, it also offers up an 81% body-to-screen-ration.
Like the Triton 900, the Triton 500 also features up to NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 GPUs with Max-Q design, up to 8th Gen Intel Core i7 processors, NVMe PCIe RAID 0 SSDs, and up to 32GB DDR4 memory.
“8th Gen Intel Core H-series processors are designed as a complete platform that combinesChris Walker, Vice President of Client Computing at Intel
industry leadingnotebook computing performance and technologies that are increasingly critical for premium gaming and content creation. CPU performance is key to the best possible gaming experience, and the new Predator Triton gaming notebooks put this performance and robust platform on full display with innovative designs.”
- Processor: Intel Core i7-8750H
- Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 6GB GDDR6 (overclockable)/NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 8GB GDDR6 with Max-Q design (overclockable)
- Display: 15.6-inch FHD, IPS, 144Hz, 3ms (G-Sync optional)
- Memory: 16GB/32GB
- Storage: 512GB Gen 3×4 NVMe PCIe SSD/1TB NVMe PCIe SSD (2x 512GB RAID-0)
The Predator Triton 500 will be available in North America in February with prices starting at US$1,799; in EMEA in February, with prices starting at €1,999, and in China in January, with prices starting at ¥16,999.