The New on Netflix Canada February list is now out and sees the debut of Netflix’s The Umbrella Academy, some Harry Potter, Jaws, E.T., and Back to the Future. Oddly enough, it’s the last four Harry Potter movies and not the entire series. Before we get started, check out the Netflix Canada February 2019 sizzle reel:
Without further ado, check out what’s coming to (and leaving) Netflix Canada in February. If you’re south of the border, check out the New on Netflix February list!
New in February
- Back to the Future
- Back to the Future Part II
- Back to the Future Part III
- Dear Ex (NETFLIX FILM): When Sanlian’s ex-husband passes away, she discovers he has altered his insurance policy, cutting out their son in favor of a stranger named Jay. Outraged, Sanlian decides that she and her son will confront Jay, but Jay proves equal to her scheme. However, when her son unexpectedly moves in with Jay, she is forced to reassess her relationship with them both.
- E.T. The Extra-Terrestrial
- E.T. The Extra-Terrestrial
- Free Rein: Valentine’s Day (NETFLIX ORIGINAL): Zoe and the gang plan a girls-only Galantine’s adventure. But when they set out to find the mysterious Maid’s Stone it soon becomes clear they’re not the only ones on the trail. As they race against Pin and Marcus, Holloway, and a not-to-be-trusted Mia, the girls’ friendships are tested to the limits. And, with the end of the quest in sight, Zoe wonders if some things might be better left buried…
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2
- Horrible Bosses
- The LEGO Batman Movie
- Nightflyers (NETFLIX ORIGINAL): With humankind’s future at stake, a group of scientists and a powerful telepath venture into the void aboard a spaceship full of secrets.
- Nocturnal Animals
- The Road to El Dorado
- Russian Doll (NETFLIX ORIGINAL): Russian Doll follows a young woman named Nadia (Natasha Lyonne) on her journey as the guest of honor at a seemingly inescapable party one night in New York City.
- Schindler’s List
- Siempre bruja (NETFLIX ORIGINAL): Siempre bruja follows 18-year-old Carmen, a Colombian slave
andwitch from the 17th century who, in a desperate attempt to save her loved one, travels in time to present day Cartagena. Navigating the waters of this exciting new world, Carmen will soon discover that once a witch, always a witch.
- Snow White & The Huntsman
- Velvet Buzzsaw (NETFLIX FILM): Velvet Buzzsaw is a satirical thriller set in the contemporary art world scene of Los Angeles where big money artists and mega-collectors pay a high price when art collides with commerce.
- Won’t You Be My Neighbor?
- Bordertown: Season 2 (NETFLIX ORIGINAL): Past and present collide in dizzying ways for Kari Sorjonen and his colleague Lena as they investigate murders and other crimes with links to Russia.
- Romance is a Bonus Book (Streaming Every Saturday – NETFLIX ORIGINAL): A gifted writer who’s the youngest editor-in-chief ever at his publishing company gets enmeshed in the life of a former copywriter desperate for a job.
- Ray Romano: Right Here, Around the Corner (NETFLIX ORIGINAL): 23 years after his last stand-up special, comedian, screenwriter, and Emmy Award-winning actor Ray Romano debuts his first Netflix comedy special, Ray Romano: Right Here, Around the Corner. Performing two sets on the same night – one at Manhattan’s Comedy Cellar and the second at the Village Underground, literally around the corner – Romano advises on choosing friends, surviving marriage, and knowing the difference between being old and not being young. The comedy special will launch globally on Netflix February 5th.
- Shameless: Season 8
- The 40-Year-Old Virgin
- Jaws 2
- Jaws 3
- Jaws: The Revenge
- Leap Year
- ¡Nailed It! México (NETFLIX ORIGINAL): The fun, fondant and hilarious cake
failshead to Mexico, where very amateur bakers compete to re-create elaborate sweet treats for a cash prize.
- El árbol de la
sangre(NETFLIX FILM): Marc (Álvaro Cervantes) and Rebeca (Úrsula Corberó) are a young couple who goes to an old farmhouse belonging to Marc’s family. There, they write the shared story of their roots, creating a large family tree that harbors25 years of love, heartbreak, sex, madness, jealousy and infidelity… and under which lies a deep mystery that marked their lives. Over their days at the farmhouse, each one will reveal secrets from their past to the other, putting their own love story in danger.
- The Epic Tales of Captain Underpants: Season 2 (NETFLIX ORIGINAL): George and Harold have to keep their grades up to go to summer camp. But it’s a tall order with Melvin — and a cyborg Melvin — running the school!
- High Flying Bird (NETFLIX FILM): In the midst of a pro basketball lockout, sports agent Ray Burke (André Holland) finds himself caught in the face-off between the league and the players. His career is on the line, but Ray is playing for higher stakes. With only 72 hours to pull off a daring plan, he outmaneuvers all the power-players as he uncovers a loophole that could change the game forever. The outcome raises questions of who owns the game – and who ought to. Directed by Academy Award winner Steven Soderbergh (Traffic) from a script by Academy Award winner Tarell Alvin McCraney (Moonlight), HIGH FLYING BIRD features an acclaimed ensemble cast that includes Zazie Beetz, Melvin Gregg, Sonja Sohn, Zachary Quinto, Kyle MacLachlan and Bill Duke, plus appearances from NBA athletes Reggie Jackson, Karl-Anthony Towns and Donovan Mitchell.
- Kevin Hart’s Guide to Black History (NETFLIX ORIGINAL): In this 1+ hour comedic special, Kevin Hart plays himself while discussing the fascinating contributions of
lesser knownindividuals from Black history through the lens of various educational reenactments.
- One Day at a Time: Season 3 (NETFLIX ORIGINAL): Penelope studies to become a nurse practitioner, Elena and Syd grow closer, Alex gets punished, Lydia tackles a bucket list, and Schneider falls in love.
- ReMastered: The Two Killings of Sam Cooke (NETFLIX ORIGINAL): REMASTERED: A long form documentary series of high profile, in-depth stories about music’s impact on society, as told by critically acclaimed directors, with each episode revealing surprising insight beyond the expected or commonly known. SAM COOKE: Sam Cooke was the most influential black musician of the Civil Rights Movement and advocated for the rights of black musicians, frustrating the white establishment. An investigation into the circumstances and controversy surrounding his shooting death include theories that he had been robbed and “trick-rolled’ by a woman, later revealed to be a prostitute. But many believe in a larger societal setup; namely that he was targeted by music industry moguls with links to the mob who all wanted him dead for emerging as a totem for black musicians’ rights.
- Unauthorized Living (NETFLIX ORIGINAL): An influential Galician drug cartel leader must seek out his successor while keeping his degenerative disease a secret.
- The Break: Season 2 (NETFLIX ORIGINAL): Yoann Peeters finds himself tangled in another disturbing murder case when his former psychiatrist asks for help proving a patient’s innocence.
- Patriot Act with Hasan Minhaj: Volume 2 (Streaming Every Sunday – NETFLIX ORIGINAL): Hasan Minhaj’s informative and innovative comedy show returns with more deep dives into global politics and culture.
- Flavorful Origins: Chaoshan Cuisine (NETFLIX ORIGINAL): Delve into the delectably diverse world of Chinese cuisine and discover its regional variations and unique histories.
- Dating Around (NETFLIX ORIGINAL): Every episode, one single goes on five first dates filled with flirty banter, awkward exchanges and moments of true connection. Who will get a second date? Netflix’s first original dating show takes an honest and compelling look at the real world of dating.
- Dirty John (NETFLIX ORIGINAL): Anthology series’ first season tells the story of how a romance with the charismatic John Meehan spiraled into secrets, denial, manipulation and, ultimately, survival – with horrific consequences for an entire family.
- Ken Jeong: You Complete Me, Ho (NETFLIX ORIGINAL): Comedian, actor and former physician Ken Jeong returns to his stand-up roots for his first-ever Netflix comedy special, Ken Jeong: You Complete Me, Ho. Filmed at the Ice House Comedy Club in Pasadena, California, where Jeong first got his start in comedy, You Complete Me, Ho reflects on how Jeong went from being a doctor to a comedy superstar and opens up about how his wife’s courageous battle with breast cancer led to him starring in one of the biggest comedy franchises of all time, The Hangover. The special is directed and executive produced by Jon M. Chu, who also directed Jeong in the groundbreaking box office phenomenon Crazy Rich Asians. Den of Thieves produced the special with Executive Producers Jesse Ignjatovic, Evan Prager, Jared Morell, Jordan Barrow, and Brett Carducci.
- Larry Charles’ Dangerous World of Comedy (NETFLIX ORIGINAL): Legendary comedy writer and director Larry Charles travels the world in search of
humorin the most unusual, unexpected and dangerous places.
- The Breaker Upperers (NETFLIX FILM): Two women run a business breaking up couples for cash but when one develops a conscience their friendship unravels.
- The Departed
- The Dragon Prince: Season 2 (NETFLIX ORIGINAL): Rayla and the princes hurry toward Xadia with their precious cargo. But Claudia and Soren are close behind — and determined to stop them.
- The Town
- The Umbrella Academy (NETFLIX ORIGINAL): Reunited by their father’s death, estranged siblings with extraordinary powers uncover shocking family secrets — and a looming threat to humanity.
- Yucatan (NETFLIX FILM): Competing con artists attempt to creatively and ruthlessly swindle a fatherly lottery winner while on a lively cruise from Spain to Mexico.
- Kong: Skull Island
- The Drug King (NETFLIX FILM)
- The Big Family Cooking Showdown: Season 2 (NETFLIX ORIGINAL):
The competition continues as 16 more foodie families put their cooking skills to the test to impress new judges Angellica Bell and Tommy Banks.
- Chef’s Table: Volume 6 (NETFLIX ORIGINAL)P: A renowned Italian butcher, an Indian chef in London and two stars of Southern U.S. cuisine share their culinary journeys.
- Firebrand (NETFLIX FILM): A contemporary story about relationships and the highs and lows people deal with in their lives.
- GO! Vive a
tu manera(NETFLIX ORIGINAL): Fiercely talented Mia receives a scholarship to a prestigious dance academy, where she soon clashes with the owner’s fashionable and popular daughter. Paddleton(NETFLIX FILM): An unlikely bromance between two misfit neighborsbecomes an unexpectedly emotional journey when the younger man is diagnosed with terminal cancer.
- Paris Is Us (Paris est à nous) (NETFLIX FILM): Dreams and reality collide as a young woman navigates a tumultuous relationship amid rising social tensions, protests and tragedies in Paris.
- The Photographer of Mauthausen (NETFLIX FILM): Imprisoned at the concentration camp of Mauthausen during WWII, Catalan photographer Francesc Boix struggles to survive while saving other people and hiding film negatives that will later help incriminate Nazis.
- Rebellion: Season 2 (NETFLIX ORIGINAL): As the conflict between the British government and the revolutionary Dáil rages, personal connections cloud allegiances for participants on both sides.
- Suburra: Season 2 (NETFLIX ORIGINAL): As the fight for land, money, and power intensifies, young upstarts Aureliano, Spadino and Lele conspire to seize control of Rome’s criminal underworld.
- Van Helsing: Season 3 (NETFLIX ORIGINAL): Vanessa and Scarlet embark on a search for the four Elders whose totems can raise the Dark One, while the new threat of vampire daywalkers grows.
- Shadowhunters: The Mortal Instruments Season 3B (NETFLIX ORIGINAL): The saga of Clary Fray and her adventures with angels, demons, vampires and werewolves wraps up in a surprising, thrilling series conclusion.
- Billy Graham: An Extraordinary Journey
- PAW Patrol: Season 3
What’s Leaving Netflix
- 8 Mile
- Batman vs. Robin
- The King’s Speech
- Ella Enchanted
- Scream 4