While a somewhat niche device, the BlackBerry KEY2 has seen a bit of a resurgence since TCL picked up the manufacturing rights a few years ago. As of today, the BlackBerry KEY2 Red Edition is now available at both Amazon and Best Buy in the U.S. with extra memory and a special edition red BlackBerry-branded earbuds. The limited Red Edition debuted at Mobile World Congress and was a winner of this year’s iF DESIGN AWARD.
“We’ve received a lot of feedback from customers who have asked for an exclusive device variant of the BlackBerry KEY2, and we’re happy to respond by delivering the BlackBerry KEY2 Red Edition to customers in the United States. In addition to a new color, this limited edition BlackBerry-branded smartphone comes with increased memory, specialized headphones and new styling, all while providing the reliability, productivity and security our customers have come to expect from this brand.”Eric Anderson, General Manager for TCL Communication, North America
Running Android 8.1 Oreo, the KEY Red Edition features 6GB of RAM and 128GB of storage space. The KEY2 supports Google Lens, Google Pay, and Google Assistant can be used with the device’s Convenience Key. The limited Red Edition features a Hub+ software refresh and a new Action bar added to the bottom of the Hub+ applications – improving ergonomics by giving users quick access to primary features like search, sort, and compose.
Some key features of the limited edition smartphone include:
- Loaded with BlackBerry Limited’s best security and privacy enhancements
- Powered by Android, includes support for popular features such as Google Lens, Google Pay and Google Assistant
- Equipped with dual rear cameras and popular Speed Key
- Increased storage (128GB) and robust memory (6GB)
- Refreshed version of Hub+ software improves access to primary features such as search/sort/compose
- Updates of the essential productivity suite, including BlackBerry Hub and BlackBerry Calendar
Last Updated on February 3, 2021.