IFA 2019 is still underway and we still have news coming from inside Berlin. This show is a good time for mobile phones and Moto is one of the many announcing new mobile devices. The Motorola One ZOOM is one of the latest and it’s mid-range price holds a bunch of premium features.
As you can guess from the name, the Motorola One ZOOM is pretty much banking on its camera system to make it stand out from the pack. That’s a pretty tall order, considering there are plenty of mid-range devices that can compete with it. The Motorola One ZOOM has a quad-camera setup that seems to be the way many smartphone makers are going.
The quad lens setup includes:
- An 8MP high-resolution optical zoom lens with 3x optical and 10x hybrid capability and OIS
- A depth capable lens capable of 5MP
- An ultra-wide-angle lens capable of a 117-degree field of view and 16MP
- And the 48MP main camera with an f1.7 aperture and OIS
With a 48-megapixel main sensor and Quad Pixel technology, Motorola One ZOOM delivers four times better light sensitivity to get you sharper and brighter photos in low light situations. It also comes equipped with OIS, keeping the lens steady so your photos are blur-free and insta-ready. Night vision mode leverages our unique software technology to create vivid, grain-free, nighttime photos with true colors and stunning clarity.
Motorola One ZOOM is different. The 8-megapixel telephoto camera offers 3x high-res optical zoom (10x hybrid zoom), which lets you capture details from a distance while maintaining the picture quality you would lose with digital zoom. Even when fully zoomed, your photos will be clear and blur-free thanks to OIS – Optical Image Stabilization.
Sometimes you want your subject to be in focus, but not everything else. The 5-megapixel depth camera works with the main camera to blur the background automatically. You can also go back later and easily change the blur intensity post-capture to get your shot just right. Either way, everyday photos become elegant portraits. Just like that.
The front-facing camera clocks in at 25MP and the company says it comes equipped with Quad-Pixel technology that delivers four times better light sensitivity.Motorola
Here are the full specifications of the Motorola One ZOOM:
- Operating System: Android 9 Pie
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 675
- RAM: 4GB
- Storage: 128GB
- Security: In-screen Fingerprint Sensor and Face Unlock
- Battery Capacity: 4,000mAh
- Battery Life: Up to 2-days
- Charging: 15W with 18W Turbo Power Charger
- Display: 6.4″ OLED with 19:9 aspect ratio and 3D Gorilla Glass 3
Motorola is really pushing the camera on the Motorola One ZOOM and it will be interesting to give it a go once we get our hands on a review unit.