Ring has announced the next-generation of its original Ring Video Doorbell. With 1080p HD video (up from 720p), improved night vision, and updated motion zones, this second generation Ring Video Doorbell brings significant improvements at the same price point of US$99.
It’s been six years since Ring launched its original Ring Video Doorbell, and while Ring now offers several smart security devices from Floodlight Cams to Smart Lighting, the company also continues to improve on its Video Doorbells further enhancing the security features and benefits for its customers. From the improved audio quality and the crisper night vision to the Snapshot Capture feature, the all-new Ring Video Doorbell is packed full of technical upgrades but still remains Ring’s most affordable Video Doorbell.
- Battery-powered (built-in and rechargeable) or hardwired
- Up to 1080p HD video with night vision
- Two-way talk with noise cancellation
- New Privacy Zones that allow users to exclude areas of their camera’s field-of-view from video recording
- 3 preset Modes (Home, Away, Disarmed) that enable users to customize when the Ring Video Doorbell detects motion and starts recording
- New adjustable motion zones and a new near zone for more precise motion detection
Ring also today announced it will bring users a new Solar Charger for the Ring Video Doorbell, an easy-to-install, secure mounting bracket with built-in solar panels that enables around the clock power from a solar power source.
The new Doorbell is available now for pre-order on Ring.com and Amazon.com for US$99.99 and will be available for purchase on June 3, 2020, in the U.S. The new Solar Charger will be available for $49 in July.
Besides the new Ring Doorbell, the company also shared a few other updates that might interest our readers:
- Ring has begun shipping the following new security devices:
- The all-new second-generation Ring Alarm
- The new Ring Video Doorbell 3, Ring Video Doorbell 3 Plus, now available in a variety of new colored faceplates
- New solar-powered additions to the Ring Smart Lighting lineup – Solar Floodlight, Solar Steplight, Solar Pathlight
- The all-new Ring Smart LED Lightbulbs – A19 Smart LED Bulb and PAR38 Smart LED Bulb
- Neighbors, the free app by Ring, recently announced that local fire departments have joined the app to keep their communities informed and connected.
What do you think of the new doorbell and solar charging unit from Ring? Do you plan on upgrading or buying your first one? Let us know in the comments below or on Twitter, or Facebook. You can also comment on our MeWe page by joining the MeWe social network.
Last Updated on February 3, 2021.