If you’re looking for something to watch this weekend, Netflix is adding a few new shows between October 2-8th. You can also check out what’s leaving Netflix this month in case you want to binge those first.
NOTE: Titles without a U.S. or CA designation after it are coming to both countries while country-specific titles will be indicated as such.
Without further ado, let’s check out the New on Netflix Canada and Netflix October 2-8th list which includes more Halloween movies and shows, including one starring Adam Sandler.
- 🎃 A Go! Go! Cory Carson Halloween (NETFLIX FAMILY): Cory, Chrissy, and Freddie are on the hunt for king-sized candy bars this Halloween! But are all the treats worth the trek to the spooky side of town?
- Ahí te encargo / You’ve Got This (NETFLIX FILM): An ad creative and a successful executive have a great marriage – until he wants to be a dad just as her star is rising. Then he brings someone new home.
- 🎃 The Binding (NETFLIX FILM): While visiting her fiancé’s mother in southern Italy, a woman must fight the mysterious and malevolent curse intent on claiming her daughter.
- Dick Johnson Is Dead (NETFLIX DOCUMENTARY): While a lifetime of making documentaries has convinced her of the power of true stories, Kirsten Johnson is ready to use every escapist movie-making trick in the book if it will help her 86-year-old psychiatrist father elude death.
- Emily in Paris (NETFLIX ORIGINAL): Emily, an ambitious twenty-something marketing executive from Chicago, unexpectedly lands her dream job in Paris. Her new life is filled with intoxicating adventures and surprising challenges as she juggles work, friendships, and romance.
- Òlòtūré (NETFLIX FILM): A young, naïve female journalist goes undercover to expose the shady business of human trafficking in Nigeria and encounters a brutal underworld.
- Serious Men (NETFLIX FILM): When a slum dweller spins a web of lies in pursuit of the upward mobility he has long craved, his ruse could be especially dangerous for his young son.
- Song Exploder (NETFLIX ORIGINAL): Based on the acclaimed podcast of the same name, and from host Hrishikesh Hirway and Oscar®-winning filmmaker Morgan Neville, each episode of Song Exploder features some of the world’s greatest musicians as they reveal how they brought one of their songs to life. The series weaves together in-depth interviews, archival footage, and raw recordings as each artist breaks down their song, layer by layer, sharing intimate insight into the personal inspiration behind the music and lyrics. Featured artists include 15-time Grammy® Award-winning artist, songwriter, and producer Alicia Keys, who breaks down “3 Hour Drive” from her 2020 album, ALICIA; Pulitzer Prize, Grammy, Emmy, and Tony Award-winning composer, lyricist, and actor Lin-Manuel Miranda, who delves into the creation of “Wait for It” from the musical phenomenon “Hamilton”; Rock & Roll Hall of Famers R.E.M. who open up about the influences behind the life-changing track “Losing My Religion”; and Grammy-nominated singer, songwriter, and producer Ty Dolla $ign who discusses the inspiration behind “LA,” the deeply personal opening track from his gold-certified major label debut album, FREE TC.
- 🎃 Vampires vs. the Bronx (NETFLIX FILM): A group of young friends from the Bronx fight to save their neighborhood from a band of vampires.
- Truth or Dare (CA)
- Colombiana (US)
- David Attenborough: A Life on Our Planet (NETFLIX DOCUMENTARY): A broadcaster recounts his life, and the evolutionary history of life on Earth, to grieve the loss of wild places and offer a vision for the future.
- Thor: The Dark World (CA)
- Dolly Parton: Here I Am (US)
- Saturday Church (US)
- 🎃 StarBeam: Halloween Hero (NETFLIX FAMILY): Greedy Captain Fishbeard is stealing everybody’s Halloween treats for himself, but StarBeam and Boost have some tricks up their sleeves to save the day!
- Walk Away from Love (US)
- 12 Monkeys (CA)
- Billy Elliot (CA)
- Elizabeth: The Golden Age (CA)
- Funny People (CA)
- Happy Gilmore (CA)
- 🎃 Hubie Halloween (NETFLIX FILM): Hubie Dubois (Adam Sandler) thanklessly spends every Halloween making sure the residents of his hometown, Salem, celebrate safely and play by the rules. But this year, an escaped criminal and a mysterious new neighbor have Hubie on high alert. When people start disappearing, it’s up to Hubie to convince the police (Kevin James, Kenan Thompson) and townsfolk that the monsters are real, and only he can stop them. Hubie Halloween is a hilarious family film about an unlikely hero with an all-star cast including Julie Bowen, Ray Liotta, Noah Schnapp, Steve Buscemi and Maya Rudolph, produced by Happy Madison.
- The Jackal (CA)
- Kick-Ass 2 (CA)
- Kindergarten Cop (CA)
- Knocked Up (CA)
- Les Misérables (CA)
- Schitt’s Creek: Season 6
- 🎃 To the Lake (NETFLIX ORIGINAL): Facing the end of civilization when a terrifying plague strikes, a group risks their lives, loves — and humanity — in a brutal struggle to survive. From 1-2-3 Production.
And there you have the New on Netflix and Netflix Canada October 2-8th list. Be sure to check back next week to see what’s in store for the week following.