CES 2022 is just about officially over, but we still have a handful of emails and press releases we’re diligently going over. We usually start the week with all the big brand announcements because we get those in advance and get them ready to go. We’re down to the more minor announcements that we think are still interesting, like the Schlage Encode Plus smart WiFi deadbolt.
Estimated reading time: 3 minutes
Schlage’s newest smart lock innovation offers consumers unparalleled flexibility for even greater convenience and security by expanding upon the Schlage Encode platform. The Schlage Encode Plus lock is among the first to support Apple’s latest enhancement to the HomeKit experience with home keys capability while still offering consumers the robust Schlage experience they’ve come to expect. With home keys in Apple Wallet, consumers can simply tap to unlock the Schlage Encode Plus deadbolt using their iPhone and Apple Watch for easy and secure access to their home.
“Throughout our 100-year history, we have remained committed to revolutionizing the user experience with convenient and secure home access our customers can trust,” said Dave Ilardi, general manager at Schlage, a brand of Allegion. “We’re excited about our collaboration with Apple that brings together two highly regarded brands with a history and reputation for delivering innovation to the connected home. The Schlage Encode Plus Smart WiFi Deadbolt provides homeowners with an even simpler and secure way to access their homes. This is just another step in our vision to create purposeful experiences that deliver simplicity and peace of mind.
The Schlage Encode Plus Smart WiFi Deadbolt is the newest device in Schlage’s connected portfolio and the first smart lock solution in the North American market to support Apple’s home keys for iPhone and Apple Watch. With a Schlage Home Key in Apple Wallet, homeowners don’t even need to unlock their iPhone or Apple Watch to open their lock, and with Power Reserve2, even if the iPhone needs to be charged, they may still be able to tap to unlock for up to five hours after their iPhone battery runs out. Additionally, the lock is also fully supported by the Schlage Home app. The same unique and highly rated features developed with Schlage’s original WiFi-enabled lock are available through the Schlage Home app:Schlage
Schlage Encode Plus Features
- Homeowners will enjoy being able to check the status of their deadbolt and lock/unlock the deadbolt remotely from their phone.
- Homeowners can create and manage up to 100 access codes from the app, as well as set schedules for those codes for recurring, temporary or permanent access.
- Real-time activity logs make it easier to know when a code has been used, and customizable push notifications provide an added layer of security and peace of mind.
- Pairing the Encode Plus deadbolt with the Schlage Home app allows homeowners to use Alexa or Google Assistant to securely control their lock via voice.
- The Encode Plus deadbolt is compatible with iOS and Android devices via the Schlage Home app.
- The Encode Plus deadbolt can be simultaneously paired and managed by the Schlage Home app and Apple HomeKit for consumers to experience the benefits and functionality of both apps.
The Encode Plus will be available for purchase late this spring and will have an MSRP of US$299.99/CA$379.
Be sure to read our full coverage of CES 2022 here. What do you think of the Encode Plus? Please share your thoughts on any of the social media pages listed below. You can also comment on our MeWe page by joining the MeWe social network.
Last Updated on January 7, 2022.