Toyota showed up to the 2015 Chicago Auto Show with more than just some shiny cars to impress the audience, they debuted products from a car manufacturer that has adopted a whole new mindset.
With a shrouded vehicle separating the new 2016 Camry and Corolla special editions, Bill Fay, Toyota Group Vice President and General Manager, took the stage to present the first look at what Toyota has in store for consumers in the upcoming fall months.
The 2016 Camry and Corolla special edition and the refreshed 2016 Avalon all share something in common. They are all products of a NEW Toyota. Our customers have always been drawn to Toyota for its quality, durability and reliability but they also want cars with a little more style that are a little more
So not long ago Akio Toyoda challenged his designers to create cars that spark people’s emotions cars that make them say “I want this I HAVE to drive this!”. Our designers responded by upping the ante with cars that are more expressive and emotional.
Each of the three sedan’s redesigns shared three qualities – attractive styles, technological improvements, and a sporty, “fun to drive” appeal. Fay highlighted the features of each special edition:
Toyota Camry SE
- Sporty, 18″ alloy wheels with a machined face and piano black accents
- Aggressive smoked taillights
- Standard Moonroof
- Exclusive seats trimmed with black SofTex and high-contrast blue stitching
- Blue Meter cluster
- Smart Key system with push-button start
- Qi wireless charging for smartphones
- Available in Blizzard Pearl and Blue Streak Metallic
Toyota Corolla S
- Unique 17: alloy wheels with gloss black finish
- Steering wheel mounted paddle shifters
- Sport Mode settings to adjust throttle response for spirited driving
- Rear disc brakes
- Smart key system with push-button start
- Automatic climate control
- Rear backup camera
- Available in Super White, Black Sand Pearl, and Absolutely Red
- Stylish 18″ alloy wheels with a dark gray finish
- Sophisticated LED headlights and daytime running lights
- Available with five package options as a V6 or three package options for the hybrid model
The refreshed line-up is clearly Toyota’s attempt at wooing a younger crowd with tech savvy features like the Qi wireless smartphone charging, the seven-inch Entune Audio Plus screen with navigation, upgraded suspensions, stylish trim packages, and various other features available depending on package options.
Last Updated on