Sony recently announced that next major PS4 update will be 2.50, codenamed ‘Yukimura’. The update will add several new features, both to enhance the home experience, and to improve Remote Play for those PS4 owners who also own a PS Vita.
Most notably, the ability to suspend and resume games is being added to “create an atmosphere where your games are immediately available at any time.” Suspending and resuming a game is a matter of pausing and putting the console into Rest Mode. After doing this, the next time you power up the console you’ll be able to resume right where you left off, instead of having to quit entirely and reload at a checkpoint or start an entire chapter over.
Other features that come along with Yukimura, including the ability to Remote Play games at 60fps, were detailed on the official Sony blog, which you can see below:
- Sub-account to Master account Upgrade: Users with a sub-account will now be able to upgrade to a master account directly from their PS4 when they turn 18, removing restrictions for chat, enabling users to fund their own wallet, make purchases and more. Currently, users can upgrade their sub-accounts online at https://account.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/.
- Facebook Friend Search: Gamers globally have jumped into PS4 as a redefined social gaming experience and connecting with friends over the network is a huge part of what makes the PS4 community so special. PlayStation now lets you go even bigger by connecting with your Facebook friends on PS4 using your linked account. Search for Facebook friends who are PlayStation Network members and build on the foundation of Friends you already have in your list.
- Remote Play & Share Play at 60 fps: For games that support 60 fps, the ability to customize the frame rate of Remote Play and Share Play will be added with “Yukimura.” Play to your bandwidth strengths and use this option to stream gameplay at 60 or 30 fps when using Remote Play or Share Play on supported devices.
- Accessibility Options: “Yukimura” introduces a wide variety of options to make their PS4 entertainment experience even more accessible. Options include text to speech, enlarged text, bolder fonts, higher contrast UI, zoom for displayed pictures, invert colors on screen and more. Users will also be able to reassign buttons for DualShock 4, making it easier for users with limited manual dexterity or limited reach and strength to play.
- Trophy Improvements: We have received a ton of feedback to improve Trophies. In “Yukimura,” a screenshot will automatically be captured at the moment a Trophy is earned, making it easier than ever for you to share your greatest gaming moments with your friends. We’re also adding more sorting options along with the new ability to remove games from the Trophy list that have 0% completion.
- Share Video Clips to Dailymotion: When sharing standout PS4 moments via the Share button on DualShock 4, “Yukimura” will allow players to upload directly to Dailymotion.
There is currently no timetable or estimated release window for the update, with Sony only saying it is “coming soon”.
[button type=”link” link=”http://blog.us.playstation.com/2015/03/11/ps4-update-2-50-yukimura-preview-suspendresume-and-more/” variation=”btn-danger” target=”blank”]Source: PlayStation Blog[/button]
Last Updated on November 27, 2018.