We’ve all got loads and loads of devices that need power, and can always use a better way to charge those devices, right? Choetech is a relatively young company, founded in 2012, but they’ve quickly grown by providing quality charging products and backing those products with 24/7 hassle free support. Today we’re looking at two Choetech products: The Choetech Stadium 3-coil Qi Wireless Charging pad, and the Choetech 6-port 60W USB charger with Fast Charge and Auto-Detect charging. Even better? We’ve partnered with Choetech to give away a prize pack including both items in this review! Keep reading to see how the products work, and how you can win a pair for yourself.
Let’s start with the Qi Wireless Charging Pad, shall we? The pad itself is a rounded rectangle slightly smaller than my Nexus 5. It’s very thin and light. It’s got a nice, very slightly concave surface on top with a thin metal band around the outside. There’s a blue indicator LED just off one of the corners to indicate when your device is charging, and the micro USB plug is on the shorter end closest to the LED. The bottom of the device has four small plastic feet in the corners. Overall this is a sharp looking charger. It’s not too flashy, but it looks nice sitting on a desk, and makes for a nice phone stand even when not charging.
The 6-port USB charger is slightly larger than a deck of cards, and is coated in a soft-touch plastic exterior with a ring of hard plastic on one end. The hard plastic end has the power input, the other has, as the name would imply, 6 USB ports. Two of these ports are tinted blue and are compatible with Qualcomm’s Quick Charge 2.0 fast charging standard. The remaining 4 ports will auto-detect your device, and deliver the fastest possible charge.
Starting again with the Qi dock, the Choetech Qi dock uses a 3-coil system to provide a larger charging area. I was able to get my Nexus 5 charging in nearly any position I was able to place it on the dock. As long as the center-mass of the phone is close to the center area of the dock you should be able to get a good charging connection. Qi charging will usually be slower than wired charging, but I was able to get about 50% charge in just over an hour. This dock is perfect for your desk, where you can just set your phone down and let it charge while you’re doing other things. A Qi dock probably isn’t the best option if you’re looking for a fast charge, that’s where the…
6-Port USB charger comes in! The two blue ports support Qualcomm’s Quick Charge 2.0 while the rest simply pump juice into your device as fast as it will allow. The only issue I had with this charger was when using the Quick Charge ports with my wife’s Moto X (2014), it became very warm. This didn’t happen when using the auto-detect ports, even when using all of the auto-detect ports at once. This is just something to keep in mind when you’re placing the charger while using Quick Charge. Otherwise the charger works exactly as anticipated. I plugged three external batteries of varying size and also an iPhone into the auto-detect ports and they all charged up in a reasonable amount of time. You can see in Choetech’s video below how this 6-Port charger adapts to any device that you plug into it.
Ease of Use
It doesn’t get much easier than plugging your Qi dock into a usb port on your computer, or wall plug if available and setting your Qi-enabled phone on top of it. If you want to be slightly fancier, you could lean the Qi dock up against something, and then stand your phone up against the Qi dock. As long as their wireless charging bits are touching it will even work standing up.
Same goes with the 6-Port USB charger. Not even remotely complicated. You will want to make sure that you aren’t plugging a non-Quick Charge 2.0 device into a Quick Charge port (you can make sure your device is Quick Charge 2.0 compliant here), but otherwise you really just need to plug the USB end of your charging cable into the port, and the micro-usb/lightning/30-pin/etc. end of your charging cable into whatever you’re intending to charge. The 6-Port USB charger does the heavy lifting to figure out what your device can take, and gives it only what it can handle.
Coming in at right around $26, the Choetech Stadium Qi Wireless Charging Dock is reasonably priced. It has a larger surface area than most Qi charging pads, and the 3-coil system offers a larger charging area as well. Otherwise, it’s simply a nice looking charging pad. Even if I’m not charging my phone I’ll leave it sitting on this dock as a nice way to keep my phone up and off of my desk.
The 6-Port USB charger can be bought for around $35. This is comparable to most other 6-port charging docks, most of which don’t include Qualcomm Quick Charge 2.0. If you have a lot of devices that need charging, this port will do the job quickly and easily.
There are plenty of options available for charging your device. Some may be cheaper, others more expensive, but Choetech chargers offer a nice mix of quality, price, and service with their standard 12-month warranty and promised quick-response for any support issues. Choetech may not be a name you’ve heard before, but it’s a name that you should probably remember. They’ve got quality products at reasonable prices.
Giveaway is now Closed
Now onto the fun part! Choetech has been kind enough to offer a set of both chargers featured in this review to one of our lucky readers, and $10 off each of these chargers for two runners-up! All you have to do to enter is leave a comment below! Maybe tell us what you’ll charge with the 6-Port USB charger, or how your life will be made easier with a Qi Wireless charging pad. Winners will be drawn randomly.
- This contest will be open for one week, and will close on June 17th, 2015 at 12pm CST.
- 1 winner will receive the Grand Prize of ONE Choetech Stadium Qi Wireless Charger and ONE (Quick Charge 2.0) CHOETECH Qualcomm Certified 6-Port Smart Desktop 60W USB Power Adapter.
- 1 runner-up will receive ONE $10 off coupon for the Choetech Stadium Qi Wireless Charger.
- 1 runner-up will receive ONE $10 off coupon for the (Quick Charge 2.0) CHOETECH Qualcomm Certified 6-Port Smart Desktop 60W USB Power Adapter.
- The 1st runner-up will choose which coupon they would like.
- The 2nd runner-up will receive the coupon for the remaining charger.
- The contest is open to residents of the US and Canada.
- The winners will be chosen at random from all entries received using the random number generator at random.org.
- The winners will be contacted via the e-mail address used for their comment.
- Only one entry per-person. Don’t be worried if your comment doesn’t show up right away, all comments are moderated and approved manually. We try to get to these right away but there may be some delay. If you do not see your comment within 12 hours, ping us again.
For full and complete terms and conditions, please expand the text below. Good luck!
- The promoter is: Techaeris.com located in Chicago, IL.
- Employees of Techaeris.com or their family members or anyone else connected in any way with the competition or helping to set up the competition shall not be permitted to enter the competition.
- There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter this competition.
- Route to entry for the competition and details of how to enter are via //techaeris.com
- Closing date for entry will be June 17, 2015 12:00 pm CST. After this date the no further entries to the competition will be permitted.
- No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received for whatever reason.
- The prize for each winner are as follows: Grand Prize winner (1) will receive ONE Choetech Stadium Qi Wireless Charger and ONE (Quick Charge 2.0) CHOETECH Qualcomm Certified 6-Port Smart Desktop 60W USB Power Adapter. One runner-up will receive ONE coupon for $10 off of the Choetech Stadium Qi Wireless Charger. One runner-up will receive ONE coupon for $10 off of the (Quick Charge 2.0) CHOETECH Qualcomm Certified 6-Port Smart Desktop 60W USB Power Adapter.
- Techaeris.com reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition and these terms and conditions without notice in the event of a catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, act of God or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other event outside of the promoter’s control. Any changes to the competition will be notified to entrants as soon as possible by the promoter.
- The promoter is not responsible for inaccurate prize details supplied to any entrant by any third party connected with this competition.
- No cash alternative to the prizes will be offered. The prizes are not transferable. Prizes are subject to availability and we reserve the right to substitute any prize with another of equivalent value without giving notice.
- Winners will be chosen at random using the random number generator at random.org.
- The winner will be notified by email and/or letter within 28 days of the closing date. If the winner cannot be contacted or do not claim the prize within 14 days of notification, we reserve the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and pick a replacement winner. Mailing of the prize may take up to 6 weeks from winner being notified.
- The promoter will notify the winner when and where the prize can be collected or obtain an address to where the prize shall be sent to.
- The promoter’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The winner agrees to the use of his/her name and image in any publicity material. Any personal data relating to the winner or any other entrants will be used solely in accordance with current [US] data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to a third party without the entrant’s prior consent.
- By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
Last Updated on