Heroes of the Storm officially launched last month with the introduction of Joanna (the Crusader) and already Blizzard is gearing up to release another hero. The next hero set to join the ranks is none other than Leoric. For those of you unfamiliar with The Skeleton King, Leoric hails from Diablo lore. Once the ruler of Khanduras and a devout follower of the Zakarum faith, he was corrupted by Diablo and in turn became The Skeleton King.
As with each new hero introduced, Blizzard seems to set the bar with their new basic and heroic abilities. The biggest interesting twist with Leoric is that when he dies his Undying trait kicks in and he remains in ghost form. While in ghost form, he can still affect opposing heroes by slowing them and decrease his death timer. When he resurrects, he spawns at the spot where his ghost is. This new character ability will definitely make for some interesting gameplay.
Leoric’s other abilities include:
- Skeletal Swing: deals heavy damage and slows enemies, does double damage to minions and mercenaries. When in ghost form, Skeletal Swing will still slow enemies without doing any damage.
- Wraith Walk: move around as a wraith for short distances, leaving his body behind and becoming unstoppable. When it expires or is cancelled, Leoric’s body catches up allowing him to attack once again.
- Drain Hope: deals damage over time while healing himself. Leoric can continue to attack and use other abilities while Drain Hope is active. When in ghost form, Drain Hope can be used to reduce his death timer.
- Entomb (Heroic): casts a three walled tomb in the specified area, blocking in (or out) enemies.
- March of the Black King (Heroic): Leoric moves in a straight line and deals damage to everything in his path, healing himself for each enemy hero hit.
Leoric certainly sounds like he’ll be interesting and fun to play! Take a look at Leoric and his abilities in the spotlight below.
Are you excited for Leoric to join the ranks of the other heroes? Let us know in the comments below, or on Google+, Twitter, and Facebook.
Last Updated on