As the march towards a Fall 2015 release date continues, Apple released iOS 9 Beta 4 for developers yesterday. While previous betas have included the first look at Apple’s News app, support for Apple Music and Beats 1, and other changes, the latest beta brings with it mainly improvements and tweaks.
- iOS 9 beta 4 is now available through the developer center and OTA through the Settings app for registered developers
- Beta 4 measures in between 300 and 350 MB depending on device and features build number 13A4305g
- Xcode 7 beta 4 with build 7A165t also available for developers
- Notifications icon changed from gray to red, square battery icon fixed
- Home Sharing once again available with Music as promised, high quality on cellular setting moved
- Updated Handoff UI (was previously a card rather than banner) on both iPhone and iPad
- Apple’s Podcasts app now supports Picture-in-Picture feature when playing video and multitasking on iPad
- New HomeKit notification options
- New photo picker UI for the web
- Larger artwork plus heart and radio options when sharing Apple Music content
- Bing Web Results can now be disabled in Spotlight Search settings
- Volume button as shutter button for Camera now functional again
- Activity indicator moved to right side when Back button from other apps is present
- Updated icons for iPhone, Apple Watch on Battery widget
Beta 4’s release comes just two weeks after Beta 3. No word on how soon a new public beta will be released, but for those who enjoy living on the bleeding edge and do not mind the growing pains that come with it, the developer beta is an option.
I am looking forward to seeing the polished end result, an official release of iOS 9. The features shown off at WWDC appear to be a big step forward for iOS. Apple seems to have it nailed down with regards to pushing out updates, so here’s looking forward to Fall 2015.
What’s your take? Looking forward to iOS 9? Couldn’t care less? Let us know in the comments below, or on Google+, Twitter, or Facebook!Source: 9to5mac
Last Updated on