TomTom has announced their latest fitness watch, this time integrating a music player and Bluetooth connectivity. The TomTom Spark GPS Fitness watch is designed for all fitness enthusiasts of all levels. The Spark allows users to store 500 songs directly on the watch which lets them listen to their favourite playlists while tracking their steps, miles, and calories burned and monitor their heart rate for an optimal workout.
“We designed TomTom Spark to meet the every-day needs of the any-day athlete,” said Jocelyn Vigreux, President of TomTom, Inc. “By putting music, monitoring and motivation all on your wrist, we removed the tangle of wires and made the entire experience simple and ready-to-go.”
The Spark has 3GB of on-board storage, and allows transferring from iTunes or Windows Media Player. With Bluetooth connectivity, users can connect to wireless Bluetooth headphones allowing for easier movement while working out. The activity tracker will continuously log steps, active minutes, distance, calories burned, and sleep duration 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. The GPS tracking provides the user with real-time information which includes time, distance, speed, and pace. Finally, the built-in heart rate monitor will accurately track the user’s heart rate without the need for a chest strap.
The TomTom Spark also uploads stats wirelessly through the MySports app and can be used with TomTom MySports, RunKeeper, Nike+ and more. The TomTom MySports app is also getting a redesign and features a new, more intuitive user dashboard to manage music, access progress reports, set and monitor training goals and get the most out of the Spark experience.
In addition to the ability to play music, the watch also provides users with the following features:
- Sleep Tracking – detects motions and tracks duration.
- 24/7 Activity Tracking: Capture every active minute of your day. Sprints, strolls, stairs, steps, it all adds up.
- Voice Coach – provides real-time progress updates and motivation, just when you think you can’t, the voice on your wrist says you can.
- Built-in Heart Rate Monitor: Allows users to ditch the days of strap-on heart rate monitors and track their heart rates directly from their wrists.
- Heart Rate Training Zones: Maximize performance. Improve fitness. Lose weight. Train in 5 different heart-rate zones to get results faster.
- Multisport Mode: Switch modes to mix up your training. Choose from run, bike, gym, swim, treadmill or freestyle.
Upon release, there will be five variations of the TomTom Spark:
- TomTom Spark GPS Fitness Watch
- TomTom Spark Music GPS Fitness Watch
- TomTom Spark Music GPS Fitness Watch + Bluetooth® Headphones
- TomTom Spark Cardio + Music GPS Fitness Watch
- TomTom Spark Cardio + Music GPS Fitness Watch + Bluetooth® Headphones
The TomTom Spark Cardio + Music GPS Fitness Watch will cost $299CAD, the other variations will be priced accordingly.
The TomTom Spark GPS Fitness Watch will be available for pre-order starting October 1st from the TomTom website, and available to purchase in Canada at other retailers starting in early November.
What do you think about the TomTom Spark GPS Fitness Watch? Are you going to be picking one up? Let us know in the comments below or on Google+, Twitter, or Facebook.