Earlier this month, Dell announced they would be selling Microsoft Surface Pro tablets through their global commercial sales organization, and have announced updates to two additional Windows tablets aimed at business customers. The updated Dell Venue 8 Pro 5000 and Venue 10 Pro 5000 tablets are designed with on the go and ultra-mobile productivity in mind.
Both tablets will be available in mid-November and are designed to further expand the capabilities offered for organizations in the healthcare, retail/hospitality, education and manufacturing spaces. The Venue 5000 Series tablets will include Dell Data Protection suite which offers comprehensive encryption, advanced authentication and leading-edge malware prevention. With a focus on speed and durability, the tablets feature Intel® AtomTM Quad Core processors, went through MIL-STD testing for real-life conditions, and are backed by Dell ProSupport Plus. An optional active pen featuring Wacom technology is also available, further extending the use and functionality of the tablets
The Venue 8 Pro features:
- Handheld design for use on-the-go
- 8-inch HD (1280×800) & FHD (1920×1200) touch display
- 2GB or 4GB RAM
- 32GB or 64GB storage with microSD card slot support up to 128GB
- Intel HD Graphics 5300
- 19.5WHr Lithium Ion battery
- Optional NFC support for additional security
- USB Type C docking (coming in 2016) so users only need one cable for power, data, video and a desktop experience
- 2×2 AC WLAN and optional WWAN
- Starting at $299 in North America
The Venue 10 Pro features:
- Detachable 2-in-1 keyboard that delivers an exceptional Continuum experience for a seamless transition between tablet and desktop modes
- 10.1-inch FHD (1920×1200) touch display
- 4GB RAM
- 64GB or 128GB storage with microSD card slot support up to 128GB
- Intel HD Graphics 5300
- 32WHr Lithium Ion battery
- High quality dual speakers and microphones for easy and reliable interaction with the Cortana personal virtual assistant
- Multiple ports, including USB Type C, USB Type A, micro HDMI, headset jack, microSD card reader and noble lock slot (on tablet)
- 2×2 AC WLAN and optional WWAN and NFC
- Starting at $429 in North America
Both tablets will be available mid-November with Windows 8.1, Windows 10, or Windows Embedded installed.
What do you think about Dell’s latest tablet offerings? Let us know in the comments below, or on Google+, Twitter, or Facebook.
Last Updated on November 27, 2018.