Since its official announcement earlier this year, Rock Band 4 has been one of the most anticipated franchise returns of this year, and now it is offering a little more bang for the customers’ buck. Microsoft announced that those who pre-order the game for Xbox One through the Xbox Live Marketplace will receive 12 additional songs for free.
The bundle of extra songs includes a diverse set list, including music from Linkin Park, Jefferson Starship and the J-Pop rockers Babymetal. The full list of bonus songs is below.
- All That Remains – “What If I Was Nothing”
- Babymetal – “Gimme Chocolate!”
- Earth, Wind & Fire – “September”
- Interpol – “All The Rage Back Home”
- Jefferson Starship – “Jane”
- Linkin Park ft. Daron Malakian – “Rebellion”
- Marilyn Manson – “The Mephistopheles Of Los Angeles”
- Mastodon – “High Road”
- My Morning Jacket – “One Big Holiday”
- Pierce The Veil ft. Kellin Quinn – “King For A Day”
- Weird Al Yankovic – “My Own Eyes”
- The Wild Feathers — “Backwoods Company”
While the digital copy does not include music controllers like a guitar, a microphone or a drum set, the pre-order does offer a promo code for the legacy game controller adapter for those with instruments from previous versions of the game on Xbox 360 on Amazon, which costs $15 less than buying the adapter alone. Playstation 4 is offering a similar deal, giving 10 free songs for those pre-ordering through the Playstation Network. Their bonus list includes songs from Pantera, Janis Joplin and Bring Me To The Horizon.
Rock Band 4 will ultimately be more expensive for Xbox One users however, as the aforementioned Legacy Game Controller adapter adds an extra $20 to the standalone disc price, in contrast to the PS4’s standard $60 price. The Playstation doesn’t require an adapter, seeing as you can connect the controllers directly to the console.
Rock Band 4 has already begun shipping copies of the game to retailers ahead of its October 6th launch date.Source: GameSpot