BlackBerry released their BlackBerry Priv last month and now there’s an OTA update for it starting today for Privs that were bought directly from BlackBerry’s website — with a security patch included. Carrier models will have to wait until December 7th for the OTA to hit their devices. Pretty speedy update there BlackBerry. Let’s see when Android 6.0 Marshmallow will be pushed out.
The update does have a hefty file size, coming in at 475mb. I’m sure most owners of this phone have enough space, but if not, better start making room. The update includes:
- An improved camera: We’ve implemented a number of tweaks that improve the speed of our camera app, and re-tuned it for better low-light image quality.
- Better performance: We’ve also tweaked the PRIV’s software to improve overall system performance
- Improved stability: The update further includes a number of adjustments designed to improve device reliability and reduce instances of crashing and freezing.
- Enhanced security: Lastly, the release includes December’s security patches – rest easy knowing your device is protected against the latest Android security threats.
There more than just this OTA happening. BB apps in the Play Store will be updated on December 14th. Only four applications are being updated which are:
- Camera: Now supports 16:9 photos
- Keyboard: Increased language support and emojis added to predictive typing
- Hub & Contacts: Now includes WhatsApp
- DTEK by BlackBerry: More notification options to alert you when apps use your info
BlackBerry is looking out for you on this update by letting you know that you should utilize WiFi so you can avoid data charges. Once on WiFi, you’ll either see the notification for the update or you can go to Settings –> About –> System Updates and then tap “Check for Updates.”
Any BlackBerry Priv owners out there ready for the update? Let us know by leaving your comments down below or on Google+, Facebook, or Twitter.Source: BlackBerry Blogs
Last Updated on