Hot on the heels of last week’s Honor 5X release, Huawei has announced that the Huawei GX8 is now available to U.S. consumers through GetHuawei.com, BestBuy.com, and select Best Buy stores. The GX8 is also available on Amazon and will be available on Newegg starting tomorrow.
Introduced at CES 2016, the gently curved GX8 is constructed with aviation‐level aluminum in an elegant, all-metal integrated design. The 5.5-inch screen is angled differently with its 2.5D cambered surface, which helps protect against cracks and scratches. An industry-leading fingerprint sensor enables ultra‐rapid and fully secure identification, plus other functions like answering calls and controlling alarms.
Features and specifications of the Huawei GX8 include:
- CPU: 1.5 GHz Qualcomm® Snapdragon 616, 8-core processor, 64 bit (MSM8939)
- Internal Memory: 16GB (2GB RAM)
- External Memory: microSD expandable up to 128GB
- OS: Android 5.1 Lollipop
- UI: EMUI 3.1
- Screen: 5.5″ FHD (1920×1080) TFT display
- Battery: 3000mAh
- Rear Camera: 13MP AF w/OIS
- Front Camera: 5MP
- Accessibility: Accelerometer; Proximity sensor; Ambient light sensor; Compass; Fingerprint scanner
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi 802.11b/g/n, 2.4G; Bluetooth 4.0
The Huawei GX8 retails for $349.99 USD unlocked and comes in Horizon Gold, Space Grey and Mystic Champagne.Purchase from Huawei Purchase from Amazon