Running an IT department for a small business or school district is already a tough enough job without having to worry about the security of the devices you support. Kensington has just released a new tool that should help those system administrators who are supporting multiple devices in an office environment. The Kensington AC12 security charging cabinet is designed to hold your Chromebooks, MacBooks, and tablets in a locked space while providing a neat organized way to charge them as well. The cabinet is designed for devices up to 14″ and has 12 slide out trays, check out the full press release below for more information.
San Mateo, CA – May 31, 2016 – Kensington, a worldwide leader of desktop computing and mobility solutions for IT, business and home office professionals, today introduced its AC12 Security Charging Cabinet for Chromebooks & Tablets. The new cabinet was designed to secure, power and store multiple devices at once, with features that make it flexible and easy to use in different environments.
With more tablets, Chromebooks™, and 2-in-1 hybrids being deployed in classrooms, healthcare offices and retail or hospitality businesses, the need for a solution that can store, charge and secure those devices overnight is greater than ever. The AC12 Security Charging Cabinet features slide-out drawers that provide an easier check-in/check-out experience for mobile device users and administrators. The cabinet holds 12 devices measuring up to 14″, and with the cabinet running on AC power, it can safely charge all 12 devices simultaneously.
AC12 Security Charging Cabinet – ($699.99)
Features of the new cabinet include:
- Ample Storage & AC Power: Cabinet holds up to 12 devices where they can be securely stored for charging up to 90 watts each. Rugged dividers with convenient cable routing help manage cord clutter.
- Tamper-Resistant Door: Complete with a genuine Kensington lock, the front door swings wide for easy access to the cabinet interior.
- Universal Device Design: The cabinet accommodates a wide variety of devices up to 14 inches, including the Chromebook™, Surface™/Surface Pro, MacBook Air®, iPad®, Galaxy® Tab, laptops and more.
- Sliding Drawers: Each drawer partially slides out so users can easily place their device into the cabinet.
- Pre-Installed Free-Spinning Wheels: The cabinet can be rolled in any direction and rotates 360 degrees, making it extremely easy to maneuver in tight spaces.
- Dual Wheel Locks: Locking foot pedals on the two front wheels can be engaged with a simple push downward to severely limit movement. Lift the pedals to unlock, and the wheels once again move freely.
The Kensington AC12 Security Charging Cabinet will be available mid July 2016.
Last Updated on January 23, 2017.