Belkin’s new USB-C Car Charger + Cable makes it easier and faster to charge smartphones, tablets, wearables, and ultrabooks in your vehicle with its USB Power Delivery feature. The charger comes with a sturdy, USB-IF certified, four-foot cable that reaches from the power source to hidden power outlets and passenger seats, making access to the charger that much easier.
“We believe that USB-C is next generation technology, which delivers safe, speedy and convenient [charging] to consumers looking for the highest quality experience when it comes to mobile power and accessories,” said Melody Saffery, senior director of product management at Belkin. “While USB-C accessories are an ideal solution for consumers looking for a universal charging solution, uncertified cables and accessories, which may not work or can damage their devices. Our USB-C accessories are engineered and tested to meet the highest international standards for quality, and are all certified and guaranteed so that consumers can rest assured that their devices are protected.”
Key features of the Car Charger + Cable include:
- USB-PD (Power Delivery) compatible charger
- Includes a USB-IF certified USB-C-to-C cable
- Supports 5V and 9V USB-PD up to 3A, total 27W output
- Leverages the latest USB-C technology on the move, including the convenient reversible connector
- Ability to charge USB-PD smartphones and tablets up to 70 percent faster (than standard 5W chargers) and charge larger devices, such as ultrabooks and laptops, using 9V USB-PD output
- Compatible with most brands, and supports USB 2.0 data transfer for existing devices
In conjunction with the release of the new car charger, Belkin has also released a USB-C White Paper to help users understand what USB-C is, how it differs from other cables, and what USB-IF certification is. With retailers like Amazon cracking down on non-compliant USB-C cables, it’s important to know what to look for as Google Engineer Benson Leung found out during cable testing. The White Paper is a pretty easy read, and in the case of USB-C which is set to become the new common USB standard, USB certification is important.
The Belkin USB-C Car Charger + Cable is now available on the Belkin website for $49.99USD.Read the White Paper Purchase from Belkin