Originally launched for the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 back in 2012, Awesomenauts currently boasts over 20 playable characters. The game was also released on PlayStation 4 in 2014 and now Xbox One gamers will be able to play in the form of Awesomenauts Assemble! with a lot of extra character DLC available.
Awesomenauts Assemble! is a MOBA fitted into the form of an accessible 3-on-3 action platformer. Head out to the online battlefields together with your friends as an online party or in local splitscreen, and never worry about having to wait for an online match because of drop-in matchmaking! The game brings together the most elite mercenaries from across the universe to do battle in 3-on-3 arenas! Devise strategies as you upgrade and customize each character’s skills to suit your playing style.
Current features of Awesomenauts Assembles! include:
- Growing cast of characters! With over 20 unique playable ‘nauts and new ones joining the fight on a regular basis, the galactic battlefields are ever changing!
- Saturday Morning Battle Action! Combining traditional twitch-gameplay platforming with the tactical depth of a MOBA!
- Be part of a growing online community! With constant balance updates and new features, this game sports an enthusiastic playerbase!
- Tons of playstyle customization! Each ‘naut features 24 skill modifying upgrades, letting you adjust your ‘naut precisely to your own playstyle!
- Drop-in online multiplayer! Teammate jumps ship at a crucial moment in the game? No problem, skilled AI controlled ‘nauts will take their place without dropping a beat!
- Two- and threeway splitscreen! Bring your friends for an epic couch-co-op brawl!
To celebrate the launch on Xbox One, players can download the Starstorm Expansion for free, and Ronimo Games has a few more things up their sleeves:
- To celebrate the launch of Awesomenauts Assemble! on Xbox One, the Starstorm Expansion will be available for free until September 12. Players will be able to ‘purchase’ this content at 100% off during this time. This includes the following characters: Ted McPain, Penny Fox, Sentry X-58, Skree, and Nibbs. The content is usually available at $6.49, or $1.49 for the characters individually. Bundles that include this content are discounted during the launch window.
- More content is launching later this year, and will include a free character called Ix the Interloper. More free content is planned, and we’ll keep the Xbox One version updated regularly alongside the PS4 version. Development for post-launch content and updates will be done in-house, while the port itself has mostly been handled by Abstraction Games.
- We’re hosting a raffle with prizes over $10000 in value up for grabs. Players can win a copy of the game along with all the available DLC by signing up for the Awesomenauts Assemble! Xbox One newsletter over at Awesomenauts.com/Xbox-One-News
letter/. We’ll draw lucky winners later this week, but will continue to raffle content whenever we have cool news to announce for the Xbox One version.
In addition to the base game for $9.99USD, the Ultimate Overdrive Pack with eight characters is available for $19.99 ($13.99 until September 12th) and the Ultimate Overdrive Collector’s Pack with eight characters and two costume packs is available for $44.99 ($38.24 until September 12th).
Have you picked up Awesomenauts Assemble! and the Starstorm Expansion on Xbox One? If you have, let us know what you think of it in the comments below, or on Google+, Twitter, or Facebook.Purchase from Xbox Store Get the Starstorm Expansion from Xbox Store
Last Updated on