Technology and gadget backpacks are gaining popularity as more people are becoming tech dependent. KNOMO has just launched its own backpack on Kickstarter that just may pique your interest. The #LiveFree backpack with in-bag charging looks like a stylish and durable backpack made to house your gadgets and power them up.
Check out the full press release below and hit the Kickstarter link at the end to check out the #LiveFree backpack campaign.
FULL PRESS RELEASE
KNOMO launches #LiveFree, the ultimate backpack with in-bag charging
Introducing the #LiveFree Backpack – wireless charging, Bluetooth tracking, gadget protection and organization, all packed into a stunning water-repellent backpack
London, UK – April 5, 2017 – British accessories brand, KNOMO, today announces the launch of the #LiveFree Backpack, the perfect 24/7 bag offering wireless phone charging, location tracking, weatherproof material and intuitive organization throughout. Starting at £162, the #LiveFree Backpack is now available to back on Kickstarter:
Smart enough for city meetings, durable enough to take away on weekends and packed with cutting-edge technology. The #LiveFree Backpack is the ultimate companion for work, travel, and play.
KNOMO has developed a patent-pending in-bag wireless charging system and partnered with location tracker, Chipolo to solve some of the biggest pain points for digital nomads. With hardwearing, water-repellent British-made fabric, unique device protection and just the right number of internal compartments, the #LiveFree Backpack ensures your belongings stay safe, dry and organized no matter where you go.
This product provides the perfect solution for busy individuals, remote workers, frequent travelers, weekend escapers – the list goes on. The #LiveFree Backpack is a culmination of KNOMO’s extensive design experience and community consultation, resulting in the perfect bag to make everyday life more organised and effortless.
- ‘DropGo’ wireless in-bag charging – We’ve designed one of the side pockets to perfectly fit our Qi-certified wireless charging powerbank. Suitable for the most popular iPhone and Samsung handsets alike, our patent-pending integrated device guide holds your smartphone in place to save you fumbling with cables and battery packs
- Chipolo Bluetooth tracking – We’ve partnered with Chipolo, the world’s loudest Bluetooth tracker. If you’ve lost your bag nearby, log in to our custom app and ring it to emit a loud sound or simply locate it on the map. You can also take advantage of the Chipolo community and have your tracker talk to other nearby users to automatically notify you of the last-known location of your bag
- Water repellent fabric – We’ve worked with British Millerain: creators of the original water-repellent waxed canvas used in ship sails and by the British military since 1893. Our fabric of choice, Chera 12oz, is a heavy-duty British-made cotton canvas that undergoes a bespoke waxing process to repel driving rain
- KNOMO organization – Developed over 12 years, KNOMO’s signature organization features make it simple to keep all your devices and gadgets in place and ready for use with minimum fuss
- Pocket with RFID blocking – Essential for storing your phone, bank cards, and passport to ensure you’re not prone to identity theft
Howard Harrison, CEO and Co-Founder at KNOMO says, “KNOMO was founded to cater to the digital revolution. Over the past 12 years, our team has grown, spreading across 15 locations and seven different countries, so we understand the problems that the connected generation are facing. The #LiveFree Backpack draws on our extensive design experience and most importantly the feedback we’ve received from our community; and we believe it is the ultimate companion, whatever your needs.
“We’re excited to share this for the first time with the Kickstarter community, giving an insight into our product development that we’ve never shared before.”
Tim FitzGerald, Lead Designer adds, “We wanted to design the most versatile backpack ever; something that you could just as easily take to work or away on the weekend. We spent 12 months getting the design perfect, customizing, testing and refining all aspects including bespoke pullers, custom closures and unique design accents, ensuring every detail is functional and sleek.”
The #LiveFree Backpack is available to back on Kickstarter, with limited Super Early Bird pledge levels starting from £162 which includes the backpack and Chipolo location tracker, and from £222 for the backpack, Chipolo location tracker and DropGo wireless charger, ready for delivery in September 2017.
Last Updated on