Not only has Dell introduced a new affordable gaming VR desktop and released two new versions of the Alienware Area-51 desktop at E3, the company has also announced new Alienware peripherals. The peripherals come in the form of high-performance gaming monitors, keyboards, and mice which all feature the signature premium Alienware design.
The Alienware Area-51 gaming desktop has been updated with multi-core processors from both Intel and AMD. Depending on your preference, the Area-51 will be available with your choice of the Intel Core X-Series or the AMD Ryzen Threadripper. The exclusive OEM launch partner for the AMD Ryzen Threadripper, the pre-built systems will come factory overclocked across all 16-cores on the CPU. The Intel Core i9 processors will prioritize clock speeds with boost speeds of up to 4.5GHz — perfect for multitasking.
Features and specifications of the Threadripper Edition include:
- Processor: AMD Ryzen™ Threadripper 16-Core/32-Thread, Overclocked on all cores)
- GPU: Single, dual, and triple video card options include NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti/1060/1070/1080/1080Ti or AMD Radeon RX570/580
- Memory: 4x 288-pin DDR4 UDIMM slots; 8GB – 64GB DDR4 or HyperX DDR4 XMP RAM available
- Expansion Slots: 4x PCI-Express x16 Gen 3, 2x PCI-Express x4 Gen 3
- Storage: 1x M.2 22×80 PCIe x4 SSD slot, 256GB/512GB/1TB M.2 PCIe SSD or 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s or 128GB/256GB/512GB/1TB M.2 PCIe SSD boot with 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s storage drive
- Optical Drive: DVD Burner or Blu-ray Drive
- Audio: Internal High-Definition 7.1 Audio
- Networking: Dual Killer™ E2500 Intelligent Networking (Gigabit Ethernet NIC) with Dell 1820 or Killer 1535 802.11ac 2×2 WiFiand Bluetooth 4.1
- Front Ports: 2x SuperSpeed USB 3.1 Gen 1 Type-A, 1x headphone jack, 1x microphone jack, 1x media card reader
- Rear Ports: 2x RJ-45 Killer Networks E2500 Gigabit Ethernet Port, 2x Hi-Speed USB 2.0, 6x SuperSpeed USB 3.1 Gen 1 Type-A, 1x SuperSpeed USB 3.1 Gen 2 Type-A, 1x SuperSpeed USB 3.1 Gen 2 Type-C w/ 15W PowerShare technology, SPDIF Digital Output (TOSLINK), Line-In (blue port), Front L/R / Headphone (green port), Center Channel / Subwoofer (orange port), L/R Rear Surround (black port), L/R Side Surround (white port)
- OS: Windows 10 Home or Windows 10 Pro
- Dimensions: 22.4″ x 25.2″ x 10.7″
- Weight: 61.73lbs (38kg)
The Area 51 Threadripper Edition will be available to order on July 27 and the Area 51 featuring Intel Core X-Series will arrive on August 22, with pricing to be announced soon.
Perhaps the biggest news is the addition of Alienware peripherals to the portfolio. Alienware took customer feedback to heart and as a result have released a full range of performance oriented gaming monitors, keyboards, and mice that are compatible with AlienFX lighting.
The Alienware 25″ gaming monitor will support either NVIDIA G-SYNC or AMD FreeSync depending on the model. Other features include 1 ms panel response time, native 240Hz refresh rate, three preset display modes, single-diecast stand legs, and seamless panoramic multi-monitor viewing with a thin bezel.
Features and specifications include:
- LCD Panels: 24.5” TN, 3-sided narrow bezels
- Refresh Rate: 240Hz (Native)
- Resolution: 1920 x 1080
- Brightness: 400 nits (typ.)
- Contrast Ratio: 1000:1 (typ.)
- Response Time: 1ms with overdrive
- Variable Sync:
- NVIDIA G-SYNC™ (AW2518H)
- AMD FreeSync™ (AW2518HF)
- Price (AW2518Hf): $499.99
- Price (AW2518H): $699.99
Priced between $499-699USD, the 1920×1080 Alienware 25″ gaming monitor will be available in the U.S. in time for E3, on June 13th.
Alienware Gaming Keyboards
Alienware is offering up two different keyboards — the Alienware Advanced Gaming Keyboard with an MSRP of $89.99USD and the Alienware Pro Gaming Keyboard at $119.99USD.
The Advanced Gaming Keyboard features brown mechanical switches, five dedicated macro keys, and an optional palm rest. The keyboard is compatible with the Alienware Control Center allowing gamers to configure the keyboard to their personal preferences.
The Pro Gaming Keyboard adds a dedicated volume role and 13 zone-based RGB AlienFX backlit lighting options. Onboard memory allows gamers to assign keystroke combinations for added efficiency and to help get a leg up on the competition.
Both keyboards are available in the U.S. as of June 13th.
Alienware Gaming Mice
Like the keyboards, Alienware is also offering two versions of their gaming mouse — the Alienware Advanced Gaming Mouse and the Alienware Elite Gaming Mouse.
With an ergonomic design and intelligent software, the Advanced Gaming Mouse has on-the-fly DPI switching with nine unique buttons for in-game customization. The Elite Gaming Mouse, on the other hand, also features swappable grips and 13 programmable buttons, making it perfect for MMOs.
Also available on June 13th in time for E3, the Advanced Gaming Mouse has an MSRP of $49.99USD while the Elite Gaming Mouse is priced at $89.99USD.
The Alienware 15 15.6″ gaming laptop is also being updated and will be available with the NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 with Max-Q technology. This new configuration, coupled with a 99Whr battery, provides high performance for PC and VR gaming. The new Alienware 15 will be available in the U.S. on June 27th with pricing to be announced closer to release.
Features and specifications include:
- Hinge-forward design enables more rear I/O, improved audio, and larger internal fans
- Anodized aluminum, magnesium alloy, steel reinforcements, and copper thermal management
- Optional 120Hz TN+WVA 400-nits display designed for NVIDIA G-SYNC
- Steel-reinforced Alienware TactX keyboard with optimized RGB LED lighting and full 2.2 mm of gaming-grade travel
- 68Whr Lithium Ion battery with optional 99Whr battery for up to 11 hours of battery life
Dell Inspiron Gaming Desktop
PC gaming can get expensive, depending on your rig, and Dell has announced an affordable gaming desktop. The Inspiron Gaming Desktop utilizes the AMD Ryzen processors, thermally-optimized airflow routing, Polar Blue LED Illumination, easy component access, and power supply options up to 850 watts for supporting dual discrete VR-ready graphics from AMD and NVIDIA.
Other features and specifications include:
- 7.1 Channel HD audio
- USB Type-C 3.1 port
- Up to 6 USB 3.0 ports
- Optional dual-drive, high capacity hard drive
- Up to 5 bays for future storage upgrades
As with most of the newly announced and updated Alienware products, the Dell Inspiron Gaming Desktop will available be for as low as $599USD starting tomorrow.
Last Updated on