First leaked last month, another of Motorola’s new smartphone lineup was officially announced today. The Moto E4 and Moto E4 Plus are being marketed as “value-tier” smartphones, and as we’ve mentioned many times in the past, these budget smartphones are more than enough for most people.
The Moto E4, or more accurately the Moto E⁴, features a 5″ HD display in a metal frame, quad-core processor, 4G, front and rear cameras, and a 2800 mAh battery. Unfortunately, it doesn’t appear to have a microSD card slot and does not have NFC capabilities either. The Moto E4 Plus (Moto E⁴ Plus) on the other hand has a 5.5″ HD display and a huge 5000 mAh battery. Also featuring front and rear cameras, a quad-core processor, and 4G speed, the Moto E4 Plus also includes a fingerprint scanner.
Moto E4 features and specifications include:
- Processor: Quad-core 1.4 GHz Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ 425, or Quad-core 1.4 GHz Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ 427
- RAM: 2GB
- Storage: 16GB
- Display: 5” HD 720p (1280×720)
- Battery: 2800mAh, 5W/10W rapid charger
- Rear camera: 8 MP, ƒ/2.2 aperture, 1.12 um microns, 71° lens, Autofocus, Single LED flash
- Front camera: 5 MP, ƒ/2.2 aperture, 1.4 um microns, 74° lens, Fixed focus, Single LED flash
- Connectivity: 802.11a/b/g/n Wi-Fi, Wi-Fi hotspot, Bluetooth 4.1 LE, Micro-USB, 3.5m headset port
- Sensors: Vibration, proximity, light, accelerometer, magnetometer, fingerprint reader (specific models)
- Networks: GSM, WCDMA, TDD, FDD
- GSM: 850/900/1800/1900 MHz
- WCDMA: B1 (2100)/B2 (1900)/B4 (1700/2100)/B5 (850)/B8 (900)MHz
- LTE TDD: 38/41
- FDD: Band 1/2/4/5/7/8/12 (lower 700 1bc)/13 (upper 700)/17 (lower 700 bc)/25/26/66
- Water-repellent coating
- Dimensions: 144.7 x 72.3 x 9.3mm
- Weight: 150g
The Moto E4 will be available for $129.99USD/€149/$200CAD while the Moto E4 Plus will start at $179.99USD/€199 later this month in a variety of colours. The Moto E4 Plus won’t be available in Canada, but the Moto E4 will be available starting June 22nd from Freedom Mobile at the $200 price point. Other Canadian retailers will carry an unlocked Moto E4 for $249CAD.
Last Updated on