Fossil watches have been around for many years and they continue making quality timepieces. We’ve had the opportunity to review a number of Fossil watches, the majority of them hybrid watches. The company does make Android Wear watches and they’ve just announced a pre-sale of their new line. the Q Venture and Q Explorist. The most notable feature I noticed on these new watches is the absence of the flat tire.
The flat tire is the small black bar section at the bottom of the face that houses sensors. The Moto 360 was criticized hard for having that flat tire and previous Fossil watches also had this. With this new line of watches that is gone, which gives you more watch face to look at. Of course, these new watches are running Android Wear 2.0 which is a dramatic improvement over the first gen Android Wear. They also have the following features and specs:
- Touchscreen, always-on display
- 11.3 mm case-Fossil’s thinnest touchscreen smartwatch case to date
- 42 mm diameter case
- Full round touch screen with brighter contrast and better resolution
- iOS or Android users can customize the watch dial (including four exclusive Fossil Q watch faces) and information on their watch.
- Vintage-arcade inspired game exclusive for Fossil Q
- Interchangeable Straps
- Faster Magnetic Charger
- Partner Activity Integration including Google Fit™, UA Record ™ by Under Armour, UP by Jawbone® and My Fitness Pal™
- A Qualcomm® Snapdragon Wear™ 2100 processor and 4GB of memory as well as Bluetooth and Wi-Fi connectivity.
These new styles are available now for pre-sale and officially in early fall 2017 and retail for $295 – $315 from Fossil’s website. Hit the two links below to head over to the company’s pre-sale page and pick yours up.Source: Q Venture Source: Q Explorist
Last Updated on