First, let’s address affordability. This is going to be a relative term as the Robo C2 3D printer costs $799USD. That’s not chump change by any stretch of the imagination. But the price point is certainly more accessible than it has been in the past. Robo is focusing their reach to the consumer market and this is why they’ve made the Robo C2 both smaller and more affordable. According to the company, this 3D printer is super simple to use, basically right out of the box.
The printer features a simple to use smartphone app interface and according to the company, the hardware is class-leading. 3D printing isn’t a huge consumer thing at the moment but I think it would gain traction as prices continue to come down. Here are some key features of the Robo C2:
- Engineered to fit anywhere in your home or workplace
- Efficient 5” x 5” x 6” print size
- 3.5” built-in color touch screen
- Class-leading print speed
- Automatic self-leveling
- Prints 20+ materials types that don’t require a heat bed
- Connect and print right from your mobile device
- Monitor the progress of every print
- Manage multiple prints and printers at once
- Manual control panel lets you handle every detail with precision
- Connect to cloud libraries and access thousands of 3D models
- Make in-app purchases (filaments, accessories, print kits and more)
3D printing is a fun technology and it will be interesting to see how well it takes off in the consumer market. With the Robo C2 priced at $799USD, that’s already around or cheaper than some flagship smartphones. I’d bet there will be some who might find value in buying one of these.
Last Updated on September 5, 2017.