Based on Beat Sports for Apple TV, Harmonix is bringing the rhythmic sports game collection to the Nintendo Switch this fall as Super Beat Sports. The collection of sports-themed minigames have a musical twist and offer fast-paced co-op play for players of all ages.
Super Beat Sports adds instant multiplayer excitement to any party with expanded versions of the four mini-games from the original Beat Sports, as well as an all-new game:
- (NEW!) Rhythm Racket: Protect your goal and knock out the competition in this skill-based game full of radical ricochets and rhythmic free-for-all action! (1-4 players)
- Buddy Ball: Put your reflexes to the test in this ball-bashing battle! (1-4 players)
- Whacky Bat: Hit the Muzicalians’ pitches back at them, building swinging streaks in-time with the music for maximum points. (1-2 players)
- Gobble Golf: Match musical patterns to feed hungry aliens – the more you feed, the higher your score. (1-2 players)
- Net Ball: Keep the volley going with perfect timing, but don’t let the Squibzes psych you out! (1-2 players)
Players will use the Joy-Con controllers to hit, swing, and volley balls to the beat and each minigame has full multiplayer support, an improved UI, and upgraded visuals running at 60 frames per second.
While the announce trailer above is a bit… odd, you can check out the gameplay video below to see what to expect.
Super Beat Sports is anticipated to launch this fall on the Nintendo Switch through the Nintendo eShop.
Last Updated on August 30, 2017.