Connectivity, responsiveness, and speed are very important to gamers who do everything they can to find ways to get a leg up on the competition. While wired gaming keyboards and mice have been the way to go, wireless controllers have been around for gaming for some time now and arguably perform just as well as their wired counterparts. Logitech is no stranger to the wireless gaming mouse and keyboard market and has announced the G603 Wireless Gaming Mouse and G613 LIGHTSPEED Wireless Mechanical Gaming Keyboard.
“LIGHTSPEED and POWERPLAY made the dream of untethered and uncompromised wireless performance a reality,” said Ujesh Desai, vice president and general manager of Logitech G. “The new HERO sensor in our G603 wireless mouse and the new G613 wireless mechanical keyboard show our commitment to driving wireless performance even further across our product line.”
The G603 wireless mouse features a new sensor developed by Logitech: the HERO (High Efficiency Rated Optical) sensor. The new sensor offers ten times the power efficiency of previous generation sensors and offers precision and accuracy at 12,000 DPI. The Logitech G603 delivers over 500 hours of gaming before the batteries need replacing, and Logitech claims it even surpasses many gaming mice in the performance department.
Specifications of the G603 Wireless Gaming Mouse include:
- Sensor: HERO™
- Resolution: 200-12,000 DPI
- Max. acceleration: > 40G
- Max. speed: > 400 IPS
- USB data format: 16 bits/axis
- USB report rate: 1000Hz (1ms)
- Wireless technology: LIGHTSPEED (Logitech G Custom 2.4GHz)
- Microprocessor: 32-bit AR
- Main buttons: 20-million clicks with precision mechanical button tensioning
- Feet: > 250-km range
- Battery Life
- HI mode: 500 hours (non-stop gaming)
- LO mode: 18 months (standard usage)
- Physical Specifications
- Dimensions: 4.88 x 2.68 x 1.99″ (124 x68 x 43mm)
- Weight: 88.9 g (3.14 oz), mouse only; 112.3 g (3.96 oz), with 1 AA battery; 135.7 g (4.79 oz), with 2 AA batteries
- Warranty: 2-year limited hardware warranty
The G613 boasts a super fast 1ms report rate over a wireless connection and also includes Bluetooth support for multi-device connectivity. With six programmable G-keys, the G613 features Logitech G Romer-G mechanical key switches with a low 1.5mm actuation distance and low force 45g actuation for near-instant responsiveness.
Logitech LIGHTSPEED G613 Mechanical Gaming Keyboard specifications include:
- Romer-G Key Switches
- Durability: 70 million keypresses
- Actuation distance: 1.5mm
- Actuation force: 45g
- Total travel distance: 3.0mm
- Battery life: 18 months
- Physical Specs
- Dimensions: 18.8 x 8.5 x 1.3″ (478 x 216 x 33.7mm)
- Weight: Keyboard without batteries – 1410g
- Warranty: 2-year limited hardware warranty
In addition, the Logitech 840 is an extra-large 15 x 35″ (400 x 900mm) mouse pad for use with the G613 and G603 (or other mouse/keyboard combination). Features of the Logitech 840 XL Gaming Mouse Pad including:
- Extra Large Mouse Pad: G840 unifies the desktop into one gaming surface. The consistent height across your desktop allows you to place your keyboard in far more positions, without interfering with your mouse, for added comfort and options.
- Performance-Tuned Surface: G840 has a surface texture that delivers the optimal contrast for translating mouse movement into cursor movement even at high speeds. This performance-tuned surface provides peak accuracy and consistency for gaming mice.
- Moderate Surface Friction: Consistent surface friction gives you feedback to “feel” mouse movement—allowing you to accurately target using muscle memory and optimize both high-speed flicks and low-speed control.
- Rubber Base Keeps It in Place: Low DPI gamers make sweeping, fast hand movements, especially during intense gameplay. The rubber base keeps the entire surface in place providing stability and preventing the cloth from bunching up to maintain smooth mouse movement.
- Durable Tube for Transport: G840 is durable and flexible enough for easy travel with an extra large mouse pad. Just roll it up into a small roll and place back into the included transport tube. Take mouse and keyboard comfort with you.
The Logitech G603 LIGHTSPEED Wireless Gaming Mouse and G613 LIGHTSPEED Wireless Mechanical Gaming Keyboard are expected to be available at global retailers in August 2017 for suggested retail prices of $69.99 and $149.99, respectively. The Logitech G840 Extra-Large Mouse Pad is expected to be available at global retailers in September 2017 for the suggested retail price of $49.99.
What do you think about the Logitech wireless gaming mouse and keyboard? Do you think it can keep up with their wired counterparts? Let us know in the comments below or on Google+, Twitter, or Facebook.