Samsung is adding to their wearables line up with three Samsung wearables with new smart capabilities and easy-to-use features. The Gear Fit2 Pro is an upgraded GPS sports band, the Gear Sport is a versatile, fitness-focused water resistant smartwatch, and the Gear IconX cord-free earbuds get a second generation update.
“At Samsung, we celebrate the everyday athlete – whether you’re going for a light jog, or training for your next triathlon. We have a long history of embracing choice and innovation, and our wearables are designed to help consumers of varying fitness levels meet their goals and aspirations. We want to help remove the stigma that fit can only mean one thing and that fitness trackers are complex and for only the most intense of workouts,” said DJ Koh, President of Mobile Communications Business, Samsung Electronics. “Our new Samsung Gear wearables help consumers ‘go beyond fitness’ and enjoy an active, balanced and fulfilled life in a smart and seamless way.”
New capabilities of the Gear Fit2 Pro and the Gear Sport include:
- Industry-Leading Water Resistance and Swim Tracking: An ideal companion for any swim – from laps to playing in the pool – these devices are 5 ATM certified for water resistance. Now with Speedo’s latest swimming training app, Speedo On, the Gear Sport and Gear Fit2 Pro also allow you to easily track key swim metrics including lap count, lap time, stroke type and more.
- Top-of-the-line Heart Rate Monitoring: With improved accuracy, the devices offer advanced real-time heart rate monitoring. They help you continuously monitor your heart activity – whether it’s enjoying a stress-free nap or an invigorating cycling class.
- Premium Partnerships: Daily activity can be supplemented with updated Under Armour and Spotify partnerships. Both devices provide access to Under Armour’s fitness apps including Under Armour Record™, MyFitnessPal®, MapMyRun® and Endomondo™ for activity, nutrition, sleep and fitness tracking functions – these apps provide users with a holistic picture of their health and fitness. Spotify’s Offline mode lets you listen to your favorite music online, offline or even without your smartphone so you can enjoy your favorite tunes regardless of location.
- Auto Activity Detection: Automatic activity detection built into the devices are in tune with your body and can recognize the following categories of activities: Walking, Running, Cycling and performing Dynamic Activities that could include dancing to basketball.
- Personalized Motivation: You can customize your own wellness plan with tailored goals and alerts.
The second generation Gear IconX cord-free earbuds sport an updated design, making them even more ergonomic and lightweight, improved battery life, and support for Bixby. You can also store your music tracks on the earbuds, allowing you to leave your phone behind while running or exercising.
The Gear Fit2 Pro will be available for purchase in Canada starting September 15th for $299.99 CAD MSRP in black or red, followed by the Gear Sport in black or blue and the Gear IconX in black, gray, or pink on October 25th for $399.99 CAD and $299.99 CAD MSRP, respectively. The Gear S3 Classic and Frontier are currently available for purchase for $469.99 CAD MSRP. All three of Samsung’s latest wearables will be available at Samsung.com, Samsung Experience Stores, and at select retailers across Canada.
You can check out all the features and full specifications on Samsung’s website.
Last Updated on