During the recent iPhone 8/8 Plus/X announcement, you may have noticed a Belkin iPhone wireless charging pad on stage. Fine-tuned with Qi technology, the new Boost↑Up Wireless Charging Pad for the upcoming iPhones charges at up to 7.5W for compatible devices.
“Customers around the world love iPhone and we believe wireless charging is the future,” said Steve Maloney, Belkin General Manager and Vice President. “We are excited to continue expanding Belkin’s growing portfolio of wireless charging solutions with the new Boost↑Up Wireless Charging Pad for iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus and iPhone X, holding to our mission of helping consumers realize the power of new technology. Today we deliver the best cable-free and convenient charging solution for new iPhone users.”
The new iPhone specific charging pad joins Belkin’s 15W Boost↑Up Wireless Charging Pad in the company’s stable of wireless charging options. While both Boost↑Up models are Qi certified, the 15W version is ideal for Samsung owners, because the new iPhones can only charge at 5W and later 7.5W once Apple rolls out an update.
The Boost↑Up Wireless Charging Pad for iPhone features include:
- Cable-free convenience
- Charges iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus and iPhone X on contact while maintaining full functionality of device including ability to receive calls
- Charging levels optimized up to 7.5W for compatible devices
- Ability to charge through cases up to 3mm thick
- The latest Qi wireless charging standard
- Connected equipment warranty up to $2500 + bonus warranty
Belkin’s Boost↑Up Wireless Charging Pad is available for purchase on Sept. 15 for an MSRP of $59.99USD at Belkin.com and apple.com.