Water and dust resistance is an important feature for devices like Bluetooth speakers and smartphones. Similar element resistance is coming to other devices as well, and the Razer BlackWidow Ultimate is an upgraded version of their popular keyboard that now has an IP54 water and dust resistance rating. While phones and speakers are water and dust proofed for outdoor elements, the Razer BlackWidow Ultimate has been redesigned to protect against accidental spills and dust particles.
“We’ve never stopped making improvements to our gaming keyboards,” says Min-Liang Tan, Razer co-founder, and CEO. “The Razer BlackWidow Ultimate is now more durable than ever and our first mechanical keyboard to incorporate water- and dust-resistant features.”
The Razer BlackWidow Ultimate also utilizes green LED individually backlit Razer Mechanical Green Switches with a rated lifespan of up to 80 million keystrokes.
Full product features include:
- Razer™ Mechanical Switches with 50 g actuation force (Razer Green)
- 80 million keystroke lifespan
- Water- and Dust-Resistant – IP54 certified
- 10 key roll-over anti-ghosting
- Razer Synapse enabled
- Individually backlit keys with dynamic lighting effects
- Fully programmable keys with on-the-fly macro recording
- Gaming mode option
- 1000 Hz Ultrapolling
- Approximate size: 203 mm/7.98 in. (Length) x 153 mm/6.02 in. (Width) x 60 mm/2.36 in. (Height)
- Approximate weight: 348 g/0.77 lbs with cable
The new Razer BlackWidow Ultimate is now available on the Razer website for $109.99USD/€119.99 and will be sold worldwide in Q4 of 2017.
What do you think of the latest mechanical gaming keyboard from Razer? Will you be picking up the IP54 rated water and dust resistant keyboard? Let us know in the comments below or on Google+, Twitter, or Facebook.[button link=”https://www.razerzone.com/gaming-keyboards-keypads/razer-blackwidow-ultimate” icon=”fa-shopping-cart” side=”left” target=”blank” color=”285b5e” textcolor=”ffffff”]Purchase from Razer[/button]