It’s Christmas time and with that comes a bevy of movies watched by millions, including Die Hard. Die Hard has become a staple of many users viewing habits over the Christmas holiday along with more traditional offerings such as Miracle on 34th Street and It’s A Wonderful Life. But it’s been hotly debated if the movie should actually qualify as a Christmas movie. DISH is setting out to prove that the Bruce Willis action classic does indeed deserve the title of Christmas movie. These are the points DISH makes to support the inclusion of the film as a Christmas movie.
- Last year, approximately 1,329,806 Americans watched the action classic on Christmas Eve, more than The Santa Clause or Home Alone.
- Also last year, more people watched this movie on Christmas Eve than Love, Actually.
- In fact, it was the 10th most watched movie Christmas Eve last year.
- More hours of Bruce Willis tearing up Nakatomi Plaza were watched than Miracle on 34th Street and Home Alone combined.
- In all, some 2,432,300 people watched this classic on TV during the 2016 Christmas season. It’s 4,291,000 if you count the sequel, which is also a Christmas movie.
- People say Die Hard can’t be a Christmas movie because it was released in July. But guess what Miracle on 34th Street was released in May.
- More people saw Die Hard than Miracle on 34th Street during November and December last year, too.
- Last year, 5.33% of the people in Rochester, New York watched the movie on Christmas Eve, the highest concentration of Die Hard watchers in the country.
- On Christmas Eve 2016, there were over 300,000 hours of Die Hard recorded on DISH DVRs.
There you have it. Now it remains to be seen if DISH can settle the debate as to whether or not Die Hard is the BEST Christmas movie of all time. Good luck with that one! Be sure to check out DISH’s 12 days of Die Hard.
What do you think? Is Die Hard a Christmas movie? Is it the best Christmas movie ever made? Do you think this settles the debate? Let us know in the comments below, or on Google+, Twitter, or Facebook.[button link=”https://www.dish.com/dig/movies/die-hard-is-a-christmas-movie/” icon=”fa-external-link” side=”left” target=”blank” color=”285b5e” textcolor=”ffffff”]Source: DISH[/button]
Last Updated on December 17, 2017.