If you haven’t realized it by now, I’ve been a huge fan of the Assassin’s Creed series, especially the latest installment Assassin’s Creed Origins. One title I never did get around to playing in the series was Assassin’s Creed Rogue, primarily because it was released as an Xbox 360 title back in 2014 and I was well into gaming on the Xbox One at that point. At any rate, if you’re like me and missed it the first time around — or want to play it again — you’ll get your chance as Ubisoft has announced that Assassin’s Creed Rogue Remastered will be coming to the Xbox One and PlayStation 4 on March 20th.
Assassin’s Creed Rogue has you playing as an Assassin turned Assassin hunter during the 1700s in colonial America. As Shay, players will get to experience the story from the side of the Templars with enhanced Eagle Vision, improved naval gameplay, and skills and weapons not normally used by the Assassins.
Like many remastered games, the updated game will feature high-resolution textures including 4K resolution on the Xbox One X and PS4 Pro, improved shadows, improved lighting, and other graphical enhancements. The game will also include bonus missions and customization packs for a full Assassin’s Creed Rogue experience.
Two bonus missions from the original edition:
- The Armor of Sir Gunn Quest where you’ll explore North America to find the remains of Sir Gunn and solve his great mystery.
- The Siege of Fort de Sable including a bonus fort-raiding mission at sea, in the North Atlantic territory of the New World.
Customization packs allowing you to personalize your character:
- The Master Templar Pack including three outfits, weapons and items to customize your ship.
- The Explorer Pack including weapons and items to customize your ship.
- Bayek’s legacy outfit.
Additional bonus content available via the Ubisoft Club Rewards Program:
- Legacy Assassin outfits including Altaïr, Ezio, Connor, Edward, Arno, Jacob, and Aguilar.
- The Jackdaw Pack including items to customize your ship.