If you’ve seen Baby Driver, you already know it’s a pretty fantastic film. The way the soundtrack weaves in and out of the overall story is incredible, and the focus on practical effects just make the whole movie feel more real. The car in the movie — a 2006 Subaru Impreza WRX — really almost feels like a character on its own. As is often the case in movies, there wasn’t just one car used for filming, there were a total of six. If you’d like to get your hands on a heavily modified (but still street legal) Subaru Impreza WRX used in the movie Baby Driver, this might just be your lucky day. One of the cars will be offered at the Mecum auction in Houston next month.
This isn’t the first of the vehicles to find a new forever home. Baby himself, Ansel Elgort is said to have taken one of the cars after filming and a second was recently sold on eBay for $69,100 USD. After the upcoming auction, there will be three left. No word on what will happen with those vehicles. No word either on the price of the vehicle at auction, though it would make sense to have a similar asking price of around $70,000 USD.
The car, as mentioned earlier, is pretty heavily modified. You can read the highlights for this vehicle from the Mecum site:
- Baby Driver movie stunt car
- Used for opening bank robbery scene
- 2006 Subaru WRX with WRX STI drivetrain swap performed by Allpro Subaru in Alpharetta, Georgia
- All-wheel drive
- CNC hydraulic handbrake, OS Giken front differential, Cusco rear LSD, Forged CP pistons and Exedy stage 1 clutch
- Stunt driver interviews, matched screen shots
- Build sheet
- Texas street legal
- Painted Red
- Black leather interior
- WRX STI gauge cluster and functional STI accessories
- Over $20,000 in receipts to convert for movie use
If you’re interested, you can head to the link below to find out more about the auction. Just remember, just in case you haven’t seen Baby Driver, this car has definitely had some hard miles put on it. The opening sequence is amazing though and gives you an idea of what this vehicle has been through.Source: Mecum Via: Motor1