Flo Technologies is the company behind the Flo Smart Home leak detection system is rolling out a new reimbursement program. HomeProtect is a unique program that will reimburse homeowners for their insurance deductibles if their Flo-equipped home suffers major water damage.
The Flo device utilizes pressure, temperature, and flow sensors along with proprietary machine learning to detect leaks as small as a drop per minute anywhere in the home’s water system. Flo then also has proactive technologies that monitor the home in real time as well as a whole-home test done to ensure the home is leak free and protected. Flo says that, on average, 13 percent of a home’s water is lost to leaks and over $8,500 is paid per water damage claim in the U.S.
Gabriel Halimi, CEO and Co-Founder of Flo Technologies, said: “Water damage is the leading cause of preventable homeowner’s insurance claims every year, costing over $9 billion annually. We’ve analyzed the results from our diverse customer base and proved our initial hypothesis: The Flo System’s proactive technology helps dramatically reduce the likelihood of water damage. With this data, we can now stand behind our customers in an unprecedented way. We are so confident in the Flo system that we will refund customers’ deductibles in the unlikely event their Flo-equipped home suffers major damage that Flo should have prevented. We are excited to offer our customers this added layer of protection as we further Flo’s mission of preventing costly water damage and water loss.”
For $5 per month, HomeProtect subscribers gain an additional layer of protection, including:
- A water damage prevention guarantee: Flo will pay up to $2,500 for out-of-pocket homeowner’s insurance deductible
- Proactive Monitoring by Flo’s experienced support team, as well as Live Chat Support
- Access to Flo’s Water Concierge to answer questions about your home’s water system and help resolve water and plumbing issues (whether or not the issues involve the Flo System)
- An extended 3-year product warranty
- Access to enhanced analysis and information about water usage, including usage per water fixture (currently in beta)
- A Flo Certified Letter for Insurance that may help reduce monthly homeowners insurance costs (depending on your insurance provider)
- Access to the Flo Standard Plan, which comes with every Flo device purchase
In celebration of the HomeProtect launch, Flo will reimburse customers $150 towards the cost of plumbing installation for their Flo Device purchased between June 12 and June 17, 2018. New customers do not have to sign up for HomeProtect to be eligible for this promotion. There is no required monthly fee to use the Flo System. HomeProtect’s features and benefits are in addition to the Flo System’s best-in-class water damage prevention.
We do have a Flo unit installed for review so keep an eye out for that in the coming weeks.
Last Updated on June 12, 2018.