It’s that time again to find out what Microsoft has in store for Xbox Live Gold members with the October Games with Gold offerings. In case you missed them, there are still a few days to get the last two titles from last month. As always, the two Xbox 360 games below are Backward Compatible on the Xbox One once they’re available on their respective dates.
Without further ado, let’s check out what Xbox is offering Xbox Live Gold members in October!
Livelock – Xbox One
September 16 – October 15 (8.49 GB)
Livelock is a co-operative top-down shooter where you play solo or with up to two allies to break the cycle of infinite war between machines. As one of the remaining Capital Intellects, your role is to unlock Eden and revive humanity.
- Take control of one of three mechanical chassis – Hex, Vanguard or Catalyst – to defeat intelligent mechanical enemies.
- Intelligent Action: Overcome chaotic skirmishes where complete mastery of your arsenal and understanding of enemy behaviors is the key to survival.
- Three-Player Co-op: Combine forces and coordinate with friends to take advantage of class strengths; each chassis has a distinct personality and arsenal to match.
- Infinite War: Explore the post-cataclysmic world and attempt to revive humanity in Story Mode or fight through dynamically generated waves of enemies in Survival Mode.
- Devastating Firepower: Combine your weaponry with devastating class-based skills. Create earth-shattering shockwaves, summon lethal automated drones, and call down searing lasers from orbit at the push of a button.
Overcooked – Xbox One
October 1 – 31 (889.3 MB)
Overcooked is a chaotic couch co-op cooking game for one to four players. Working as a team, you and your fellow chefs must prepare, cook and serve up a variety of tasty orders before the baying customers storm out in a huff. Sharpen your knives and dust off your chef’s whites, there isn’t mushroom for error and the steaks are high in these crazy kitchens!
The Onion Kingdom is in danger and only the finest cooking can save it! In Overcooked players must journey through a variety of cruel and unusual kitchens on their quest to become master chefs capable of conquering an ancient edible evil which plagues the land.
Play solo or engage in classic, chaotic couch co-op for up to four players in both co-operative and competitive challenge modes. You’ll have to cook a range of different dishes and work together in order to become the most effective and ultimate team!
- A Culinary Quest – The Onion Kingdom is a rich world full of cruel and unusual kitchens for you to conquer. Take part in an epic journey and tackle an increasingly challenging and bizarre gauntlet of kitchens which will push your skills of co-operation and co-ordination to the very limits. Each level brings a new challenge for you and your team to overcome, whether it’s sliding around on a pirate ship, moving between speeding trucks, cooking on an ice floe or serving food in the bowels of a fiery underworld, each level will test the mettle of even the bravest chefs.
- Simple Controls/Deep Challenge – Overcooked is so easy to pick up that anyone can join in the fun, but finding a team who can communicate and co-ordinate their actions when the pizza hits the fan, that’s when only a well-oiled team of super-chefs will come out on top!
- Different Ways to Play – Whether indulging in deep fried local co-op or sautéed single player, as you play through the game you’ll unlock new levels, new chef characters and even competitive challenge levels which allow teams of two to engage in hard boiled head-to-head in the kitchen. However you want to play, if you think you can stand the heat, then get ready to enter the kitchen!
Victor Vran – Xbox One
October 16 – November 15 (8.49 GB)
Become Victor, hunter of demons. Forge your own hero on a quest to liberate the cursed city of Zagoravia.
Look your very best and reinforce your play style with a monumental arsenal of powerful weapons, game-changing outfits, wicked demon powers and fate-binding destiny cards.
Redefine how you play at any moment, even in the heat of battle. Modify your demon slaying loadout as you dodge deadly attacks, leap from towering locations and take on hordes of hideous beasts and cunning boss monsters. Fedora or no fedora, you decide!
Slaying demons doesn’t have to be a lonely affair – Form a pack and find even greater strength in numbers, to explore the story of the dark world together.
- Experience the original award-winning action RPG
- Face off your enemies in Dynamic Combat
- 8 distinct weapon classes
- 7 breeds of demon stand in your way
- Choose from 9 game-changing outfits
- Build your own class with combat defining loot
- Summon 12 different demon powers to crush your enemies
- 4 player online, and 2 player couch co-op
- Become the Victor in The Circus PvP arena
- Acclaimed voice Cast
Stuntman: Ignition – Xbox 360
October 1 – 15 (6.03 GB)
Plunge into the adrenaline-fueled role of a Hollywood stunt driver in Stuntman®: Ignition™, and master the most breathtaking, death-defying vehicle-based stunts ever filmed. As the newest stuntman in Hollywood, you must rise to stardom by combining reckless maneuvering with perfect execution to unlock big-budget blockbusters and lucrative commercial deals. Create movie magic in six uniquely themed films on 36 different stunt runs with over 25 vehicles, or take the action online to challenge rival stuntmen in the ultimate backlot showdown.
Hitman: Blood Money – Xbox 360
October 16 – 31 (241.32 MB)
Hitman’s back, drawing you closer than ever into his deadly world where staying anonymous, being smart and totally ruthless are the key to a perfect execution. Lucrative contracts on the rich and powerful in high profile locations make killing for money good business. But when a rival agency enters the scene it’s war and only the best man will be left standing.
Are you excited or disappointed about the upcoming October Games With Gold? Let us know which free game(s) you’re looking forward to the most in the comments below or on Google+, Twitter, or Facebook.
Last Updated on