So you’re probably wondering why the heck we’re writing about guitars on a technology website. Well, the best answer to that is, because we can. I’ve been playing guitar for 30+ years and it’s something I really enjoy. So finding out about the new American Performer Series from Fender was news I just had to write about. The American Performer Series is basically a refresh of Fender’s American Special Series but it’s the first refresh in 10 years.
Fender has been building guitars since 1946 and some of my favorite players are Fender players. Those players would include David Gilmour, Stevie Ray Vaughn, Eric Clapton, Jimi Hendrix, Henry Garza, and the list goes on forever!
Leo Fender said, “artists are angels and Fender’s mission is to give them wings to fly.” Fender has been working with artists since the start of the company. Trying to craft the best instrument they could possibly craft to make sweet sweet music. Fender says the new American Performer Series is built on the same backbone, artist feedback.
Today, demand for recorded and live music is at an all-time high and growing. In fact, 86 million people attended a Live Nation Concert this year, up 21% over prior year. In addition, artists are more diverse and are performing across a variety of venues from on-stage at concerts to studios and even on social media. The new line takes into account the boom in live music and what players need for performing today.
The new line elevates the standards of performance-grade instruments for artists, making the performance seamless, so artists can focus on their art and sharing that in its finest form. The Performer Series blend traditional Fender design with new elements for modern tone and performance, including newly-designed Yosemite pickups and a patented Double-Tap Humbucking pickup, classic gear tuners, and ultimate craftsmanship at a killer price point. Together, the updates deliver sonic versatility, tonal flexibility, and ease of use for performers, helping them create the perfect sound for every musical genre.
The American Performer Series comes with some new features, check them out below!
- Newly designed Yosemite pickups:
- These alnico pickups deliver sonic versatility and tonalities to help create your perfect sound across every musical genre.
- Patented Double-Tap™ Humbucker pickup:
- An innovative product design that incorporates a split/tapping system to smoothly toggle between humbucking and single coil pickup for even tone.
- Provides full-throated humbucking and expressive single-coil tonalities without the volume loss typical in split coil pickups so you get all the tonal flexibility without compromise.
- ClassicGear™ Vintage-Modern tuner:
- Kluson-style 18:1 drop-in replacement tuners to get the best of both worlds with vintage styling and a modern gear ratio, so the guitar tunes accurately and stays in tune.
- Enhanced electronics:
- A new Push-Pull Pot provides different tonal features across models and the Grease Bucket Circuit cuts treble without loss of gain or clarity.
- Allows you to add your neck pickup or tap your humbucker with a quick push of the button and dial in your perfect tone on the fly.
- 6 brand new colors including 2 satin finishes:
- White, Aubergine, Honeyburst, Penny, Satin Surf Green, Satin Lake Placid Blue
- New models:
- Jazzmaster, Mustang, Mustang Bass, Precision Bass, Jazz Bass, Telecaster HMM
Check out the gallery below of all the new models:
Be sure to check out the entire series at Fender’s website. Pricing starts at $1,099USD for the guitars and $1,199USD for the basses. Stay tuned for a review of the American Performer Series right here on Techaeris. In the meantime, be sure to read my review of the Fender CT-140SE auditorium style short scale acoustic.Purchase from Fender
Last Updated on