iPhone X, XR, XS, and XS Max owners now have a third-party battery case available to them. mophie has introduced the juice pack access which will retail for US$119.95. The new juice pack access will also come in a variety of colors including black, stone, gold, and dark red for the XS Max, XS, and X. The iPhone XR will have black, blue, and red as color options.
Apple has also released their own battery case which will cost US$10 more at US$129 and only come in black and white. The Apple battery case also comes with the infamous Quasimodo hump which doesn’t appeal to many users.
The new juice pack provides impact protection, battery life, and also wirelessly charges allowing users access to the Lightning port.
“The juice pack access battery case addresses a very specific customer pain point,” said Robert Johnson, general manager for
mophie. “For the first time, the juice pack access leaves the iPhone Lightning port exposed to allow users to plug in wired headphones.”
This new battery case from
- It allows users access to the Lightning port to use the port for headphones
- Priority+ charging will pass wireless and wired power to the iPhone first:
- The juice pack access is equipped with a built-in wireless receiver and transmitter and can conveniently charge the phone with any Qi-enabled wireless charger
- It features a built-in USB-C input for wired charging
- Users may still use the Lightning port for charging
- It features a reduced height profile with dimensions more like a traditional case
The mophie will be available sometime in Q1 of 2019 and will retail for US$119.95.
What do you think of the new
Last Updated on