While USB-C adapters with multiple ports are now commonplace, there’s still room for improvement and more features. The latest StarTech.com USB-C adapters not only feature multiple ports and support for dual 4K output but also a switch which allows users to choose a higher resolution or faster data transfer speeds.
“This new series of USB-C dual monitor multiport adaptersCarey Cline, Senior Product Manager at StarTech.com
providesusers reliable connectivity and unbeatable versatility in a small, compact device. The user can choose between better display resolution or faster data transfer, while also experiencing the latest power delivery (laptop charging) technology. Our continued focus on expanding our broad line of multiport adapters is helping to ensure that regardless of the specificity of the customer’s needs, we’ll have a multiport adapter that is perfect for completing their solution.”
With HDMI and DisplayPort versions, the StarTech.com USB-C multiport adapters feature USB-A and Ethernet ports, as well as Power Delivery 3.0 (up to 85W output). The aforementioned DisplayPort Alt Mode switch lets users switch between dual 4K30 (or single 4K60) and USB 2.0 data transfer speeds or dual 1080p with faster USB 3.0 data transfer speeds. Depending on what one has connected to their laptop, this could definitely come in handy especially if you have an external hard drive connected and require faster access to your files.
Key Features of DK30C2HAGPD and DK30C2DAGPD include:
- Portable USB-C multiport adapter with flexible HDMI (DK30C2HAGPD) or DisplayPort (DK30C2DAGPD) dual monitor or single monitor video outputs: dual 4K 30Hz, dual 2K 60Hz or single 4K60Hz
- User-controlled display output resolutions and USB transfer speeds with
easy-to useDP Alt mode switch
- Power both the adapter and your laptop with 100W Power Delivery 3.0 (85W laptop charging) using a USB-C power adapter
- Connect your devices with 2x USB-A ports – 1x USB 3.0/2.0 and 1x USB 2.0
- Add wired network connectivity with the GbE Rj45 port
- 1m USB-C Gen 2 cable for greater flexibility and signal stability
The new USB-C dual monitor multiport adapters will be available at CDW, Amazon.com, Newegg.com, PC Connection, and Insight and will be distributed by Ingram Micro, SYNNEX, Tech Data, D&H, and ASI with an MSRP of the adapters is US$169.99 for the HDMI version and $155.99 for the DisplayPort model.
Last Updated on