While Apple, Samsung, and Huawei usually come to mind when thinking of smartphones. However, there are other options — LG being one of them. The LG G8 ThinQ is now available in Canada with not only a $200 gift card offer but an extended two year warranty.
The new flagship device from the company was unveiled earlier this year at MWC in Barcelona. The latest LG smartphone features a refined minimalist design, enhanced front and rear cameras, innovative audio experience, and state-of-the-art touchless controls, and biometric security features.
“The LG G8 ThinQ is LG’s most innovative smartphone to-date and was meticulously designed to give consumers the latest technology from LG. With touchless control via Air Motion; advanced security with Hand ID, Face Unlock, and a Fingerprint Sensor; advanced front and back cameras, and improved audio via Crystal Sound OLED, LG G8 ThinQ has features never before seen on a phone.”William Cho, president and CEO of LG North America
Of the new features, the most intriguing is the Crystal Sound OLED. When used to watch media, CSO “repurposes the OLED display as a diaphragm, vibrating the entire surface to produce sound with impressive volume. And because LG’s unique technology takes advantage of the entire display, CSO also improves clarity, making voices easier to discern and subtle musical notes more noticeable.” While in speakerphone mode, the phone dishes out sound through the bottom speaker and the top part of the display.
Specifications of the LG G8 ThinQ include:
- Chipset: Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ 855 Mobile Platform
- Display: 6.1”, 19.5:9, QHD+ OLED FullVision, 3120×1440, 564ppi
- Memory: 6GB RAM/128GB internal storage (at least 104 GB actual usable memory available)/ microSD (up to 2TB)
- 16MP Wide (f1.9 / 1.0μm / 107˚)
- 12MP Standard (f1.5 / 1.4μm / 78˚)
- 8MP Standard (f1.7 / 1.22μm / 80˚)
- Z Camera (ToF)
- Battery: 3,500mAh
- OS: Android 9.0 Pie
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth 5.0, NFC, USB Type-C
- Biometrics: Hand ID/3D Face Unlock/Capacitive Fingerprint Sensor
- Other features
- Boombox Speaker + Crystal Sound OLED Stereo Speaker
- AI CAM
- Google Lens
- Google Assistant Key
- Night View
- Super Far Field Voice Recognition
- 32-bit Hi-Fi Quad DAC
- DTS:X 3D Surround Sound
- Qualcomm® Quick Charge™ 3.0
- IP68 Water and Dust Resistance
- Colour: New Aurora Black
- Measurements: 151.9 x 71.8 x 8.4mm / 5.98” x 2.82” x 0.33”
- Weight: 167g / 5.89oz
To further entice buyers, those who purchase the LG G8 ThinQ will receive the LG Second Year Promise from LG Electronics Canada. This no-cost limited warranty from LG Canada provides an additional 12 months with the same limited first year warranty. In addition, those who purchase the device before May 31, 2019, can sign up to receive a $200 pre-paid gift card at www.LG8Gift.ca.
The LG G8 ThinQ is available for purchase through Bell, Best Buy, Eastlink, Fido, Freedom Mobile, Rogers, SaskTel, Tbooth Wireless, The Mobile Shop (TMS), The Source, Virgin Mobile, Videotron, WIRELESSWAVE, WOW! mobile boutique, and Xplore Mobile.
Last Updated on