We have a fair amount of audio reviews in our archives and have dealt with many cool products in the past. But every so often something crazy and cool still comes across our desk and the Human Headphones qualify.
Human Headphones are “truly adaptive headphones” that also transforms into a Bluetooth speaker. The company says that Human Headphones match the audio quality of over-ear headphones but at one-fifth the weight. They also have better audio quality than earbuds and have twice the battery life.
Specifically designed to adapt to varying needs throughout the day, Human Headphones convert into a portable Bluetooth speaker when the two earpieces are snapped together, making it easy to go from a personal listening experience to sharing a favorite playlist while maintaining a high-quality audio experience. When worn as headphones, users can adjust the level of ambient sound admitted through Human Headphones by simply tapping their finger on the earpiece to hear more (or less) of what’s going on around them.
Here is a rundown of features the Human Headphones offers:
- Innovative hybrid design: 3 in 1 design delivers over-the-ear quality, ear-bud convenience, and a powerful Bluetooth speaker with a snap. One pair is all you need throughout your day.
- Excellent sound quality: For your favorite songs, Human Headphones offers great dynamic range from deep bass to high notes, the accuracy of instruments, with a full sound stage.
- Capacitive touch controls: Usetouch gestures to play or pause music, skip to the next/previous song, adjust the volume, answer phone calls, and invoke your native voice assistant.
- Speaker: Human Headphones snap together to create a portable Bluetooth speaker with a 2.2, 4speaker sound system that can play a favorite song, translate a group conversation or access a digital assistant.
- On-the-go communication: Take that important call on your commute with no distraction. Accurate voice capture and sound quality, even in noisy environments, through the use of beamforming mics that assure clarity on both ends of a phone call, accurate access to voice services like your favorite native voice assistant, translation, and more.
- Blend Mode: Control the amount of ambient noise you hear through the headphones with BlendMode. Simply adjust the amount of surrounding noise you hear – all while enjoying your favorite audio.
- Fast, accurate translation: Translate up to 11 different languages in three modes: quick translation from person to person, group translation for multiple people and speaker translation for meetings.
- All day connectivity: Enjoy up to nine continuous use hours of battery life and up to 100+ feet of connectivity distance. Additionally, use speaker mode while on and off the charger so you are never without access.
“We founded Human to completely redesign both the form and function of modern headphones,” said Ben Willis, Co-Founder and Chief Visionary Officer of Human Inc. “Our goal was to create an all-in-one headphone that is compatible with every aspect of a user’s day, whether they’re at home, commuting, or in the office. We’re excited to launch Human Headphones today and bring customers a one-of-a-kind device equipped with the latest technology to deliver a seamless listening experience from morning to night.”
After nearly a year of studying the intricacies of the human ear, Human designed a completely different kind of headphone that adapts to the physical structure of the ear rather than going into or over them. Human Headphones’ unique shape creates an audio experience unlike any other wireless product to date and offers an unprecedented level of versatility. “No other headphones adapt to your life the way Human Headphones do,” Willis added. “As such, these devices are poised to change how we interact with and use technology throughout our day on a massive scale. We could not just adopt the traditional headphone or in-ear designs because in doing so, you also adopt their fundamental legacy issues and limitations, with product comfort being one of the largest problems for both.
By going back to the drawing board, we were able to both construct an entirely new form that is really driven by the anatomy of all human ears to set a new bar for comfort, while additionally opening up device real estate for the technology needed in delivering a very powerful hardware and software platform. Our platform is not only powerful enough for today but also will support the integration of future voice experiences
The Human Headphones are available on the company’s website now for a special introductory price of US$259 so be sure to check them out.
Last Updated on February 3, 2021.