Ubiquiti Networks is one of the most reliable networking companies out there and they’re adding to their UniFi line of devices. Two new devices are joining the Ubiquiti family they are the UniFi Dream Machine and the UAP-BeaconHD.
The company’s goal is to bring the fastest most reliable network into your home or business without sacrificing security and scalability. We’re currently testing out a Ubiquiti setup here and so far we’ve been nothing but pleased. Here’s a little more about the new devices that have been added to the fray.
The Ubiquiti Dream Machine controller: UniFi Dream Machine (UDM) is the easiest way to introduce UniFi to homes and businesses. The UDM includes everything you need for a small-scale wired or Wi-Fi network. It’s easy to use and still offers all the benefits of UniFi for homes and businesses.
- All-In-One: Integrates a 4×4 enterprise access point, security gateway, cloud key, and Gigabit switch into one device for enterprise-grade performance
- Processing Power for Secure Browsing: Powered by a fast 1.7 GHz quad-core processor for advanced firewall policies and IPS/IDS management for a safe, reliable internet experience
- Scalable With No Fees: Staying true to heritage, each component of UDM is scalable, customizable and continuously updated without subscription or maintenance fees
- Intuitive User Interface: Centralized management software features a graphical user interface that offers easy setup and convenient control via mobile or desktop
- Available now for US$299
The Ubiquiti UAP-BeaconHD extender: The UniFi AP BeaconHD is the fastest way to extend Wi-Fi coverage and increase throughput in your home and office. The sleek design integrates easily into any environment and plugs into a standard US wall outlet. Compared to a standard Wi-Fi device, the powerful BeaconHD uplink results in more than 4x larger Wi-Fi coverage range in an open space.
- Designed for use with any UniFi AP supporting wireless uplinks, including the recently released UniFi Dream Machine
- The 5 GHz uplink connection is 15 dB stronger than typical Wi-Fi devices, resulting in more than a 4x larger Wi-Fi coverage range in an open space
- 400+ Mbps performance over a wireless mesh hop
- Available now for US$129
What do you think of these new additions to the Ubiquiti UniFi family? Let us know in the comments below or on Twitter, or Facebook. You can also comment on our MeWe page by joining the MeWe social network.
*We use revenue-generating affiliate links and may earn a commission for purchases made using them. Read more on our disclaimer page.
Last Updated on