Meze Audio is a brand we’ve heard about before, and we’ve only reviewed a pair of their earbuds once. That review was done five years ago, and we haven’t heard from the company since. Now, it looks like Meze Audio has grown into a serious audio company as it launches the 109 PRO headphones.
These are the company’s first dynamic open-back headphones and are priced at US$799. The company says the 109 PROs rise to the brand’s highest comfort, design, and audio reproduction. Here’s a bulleted overview of what you can expect from the Meze Audio 109 PRO.
Meze Audio 109 PRO
- At the heart of the headphone is the 109 series Dual-Composites diaphragm featuring a
Beryllium-coated semicrystalline polymer torus, a cellulose-carbon fiber composite dome
and a copper-zinc alloy ring stabilizer.
- The superlight but stiff cellulose composite reinforced with carbon fiber makes it possible
for the W-shaped dome to reproduce high frequencies (5Hz-30KHz) with incredible
detail, clarity, and definition. This composite is superior to conventional alternatives used
in dynamic drivers, and its low mass and stiffness helps avoid resonances that may lead
to harmonic distortion.
- The ultra-thin torus (22 microns) surrounding the dome is constructed out of a
Beryllium-coated semicrystalline polymer, which contributes to greater clarity and a
faster transient response. The high dampening qualities of Beryllium also suppress
unwanted resonances, leaving listeners with a more neutral, vivid, and transparent
- Around the circumference of the membrane, the ring-shaped stabilizer made of
copper-zinc alloy improves the absorption of vibrations to reduce distortion even further.
- The diaphragm is encased in a high-precision machined aluminum frame that has
superior rigidity to typical plastics frames and retains perfect surface flatness, which is
essential for the precision assembly with the diaphragm.
- The spider-shaped structure and acoustically transparent grill inside the earcup exposes
the driver from both sides, creating Meze Audio’s most open pattern to date.
- The driver, placed at a precise angle and distance from the ear, achieves the ideal
anatomical fit for the most natural listening experience possible.
- Soft, breathable velour and memory foam earpads comfortably envelop the ears,
providing the optimal seal to create an immersive experience.
- The self-adjusting spring steel headband distributes weight evenly to relieve pressure,
for a more comfortable experience that allows the listener to be fully present.
Sustainability Through Longevity
- As our choices of today can greatly impact the world of tomorrow, Meze Audio
designs products that last. Conceived with timelessness in mind, the 109 PRO is meant
to surpass short-lived trends and fast-changing industry fashions, rewarding the user
with long-term, emotional value.
- The black walnut wood used for creating the earcups is strictly harvested from certified
sources, specifically trees designated as mature and having reached the end of their life
- The 109 PRO is fully and endlessly serviceable, which can extend the life of the product
What do you think of the 109 PRO? Please share your thoughts on any of the social media pages listed below. You can also comment on our MeWe page by joining the MeWe social network. Be sure to subscribe to our RUMBLE channel as well!