Earlier this year, we reviewed the Playseat Trophy – Logitech G Edition and it’s an excellent sim racing chair, albeit one that takes up a lot of space. The latest Playseat x Logitech G collaboration addresses that with a sim racing chair that folds up relatively compactly when you’re not using it for easier storage.
Estimated reading time: 2 minutes
While the Playseat Challenge isn’t new, the Playseat Challenge X features a few upgrades on top of the Logitech G colour scheme and branding. The three upgrades include X-Adapt seat adjustments, ActiFit breathable material for the seat, and a hard mounted pedal plate with tilt positioning. These new features are in addition to the foldable carbon steel frame and adjustabilty the Playseat Challenge is known for.
“There was a considerable amount of collaboration on this product to make the Challenge X more functional, comfortable and overall, a better racing experience, than traditional desktop gaming chairs. During that process our teams focused on three key areas of a sim racing chair and we couldn’t be more happy with the results.”Jim Hoey, head of simulation marketing at Logitech G
The new Playseat Challenge X – Logitech G Edition features:
- Enjoy the perfect balance between comfort and stability with the 6 seating positions of X-Adapt™. Fine-tune positions of pedals and wheel to replicate the feeling of being in a car.
- Breathable ActiFit™️ material and its body-conforming design and adjustable rigidity offers superior support and thermal management, allowing racers to stay comfortable and cool. It also transfers force feedback and Trueforce perfectly.
- At only 11.6 kg (26 lbs) the seat can be quickly folded and stored away – the ideal companion for drivers who want the full racing experience without the need of a dedicated space.
- Convenient cockpit entry system lets you easily jump into the driver’s seat and lock in for an exhilarating experience.
- Equipped with gearshift mount, allowing you to upgrade your race experience with the Logitech G Driving Force Shifter.
The PlaySeat Challenge X – Logitech G Edition comes in gunmetal grey and is available at major retailers for a suggested retail price of $299 and €299.
What do you think about the Playseat Challenge X – Logitech G Edition? Are you going to be picking one up or do you prefer something like the Playseat Trophy – Logitech G Edition? Let us know on social media by using the buttons below.