The Schlage Sense Smart Deadbolt was already able to use Apple Home Kit for some great features. Now Schlage is expanding those features with the new iOS update. An update to the Schlage Sense app is now available in the App Store which allows the Schlage Sense lock to work in tandem with iOS 10’s new Home app. This integration provides users with a centralized platform to access their favorite HomeKit-connected devices alongside their Schlage Sense deadbolt.
Through this update, all iOS users (9.3 and above) will also receive push notifications when their deadbolt is locked and unlocked. These updates make it easier for users to keep an even closer eye when their lock is used. Users still need the Schlage Sense app to manage access codes, change lock settings, view the last 100 times the lock was used, receive installation help and contact customer service. The Sense Smart Deadbolt features are listed below.
- Talk to unlock using Siri® on your iPhone®, iPad® or iPod touch® when in Bluetooth® range
- Touchscreen allows you to come and go without a key
- Easy to install and control with the free Schlage Sense™ app
- Set access code schedules so trusted friends and family can only enter when you want them to
- View past lock activity to see if the kids arrived home on time
- No fees or subscriptions
- Meets the highest industry rating for security and durability
- Features a tasteful design that creates a stylish look, blending seamlessly with décor
- Built-in alarm senses potential door attacks
IoT devices are still a bit controversial and not everyone is ready to embrace the technology. There are certainly challenges to many of these products, the largest being security, but as it moves forward those bugs are sure to be squashed. In the meantime, early adopters will certainly be testing and improving them for those who prefer to wait and see how things pan out. You can snag a Sense Deadbolt on Amazon for around $220.
What do you think about the new features being added to the Schlage Sense App for their smart lock? Let us know in the comments below, or on Google+, Twitter, or Facebook.Purchase from Amazon