One of the fastest growing mobile phone manufacturers in the world, Blu Products, has just announced their 5.5″ phablet the Studio 5.5.
The STUDIO 5.5 features a 5.5 inch FWVGA LCD and slim profile of just 9.5mm which makes handling the device extremely comfortable. In addition, the STUDIO 5.5 is powered by a 1.2GHz Quad-Core processor with 4G HSPA+ 42Mbs connectivity, 5.0 Mega Pixel autofocus camera with LED Flash and 1080p HD video recording, along with an expandable micro-SD slot up to 32GB, 1GB RAM, and Dual SIM functionality. Future software updates and upgrades will be automatically downloaded through BLU’s over-the-air Wireless Update Feature.
Running on stock Android Jelly Bean v4.2, The Studio 5.5 smartphone device will be available in 5 different colors at just$179.00 retail, as the company focuses on assisting the “Bring Your Own Device” no-contract movement in the U.S. and will be sold unlocked at major retailers such as Amazon.com and Best Buy, as well as thousands of Operator and MVNO Dealer stores throughout the U.S.
“We love making big phones, and making them affordable to the mass market,” said Samuel Ohev-Zion, CEO, BLU Products. “We believe in the trend for larger screens, it lets you see and do everything on your smartphone as a heightened experience, and at the same time it’s becoming a fashion statement. We are doing it in style with plenty of colors for our loyal fans to choose from, in addition to our dedication and focus on performance.”
Full Specifications Include:
- Network: 2.5G (GSM/GPRS/EDGE) 850/900/1800/1900 MHz, 3G (HSPA+ 42Mbps) 850/1900, 850/2100
- Display: TFT Capacitive Touchscreen, with 5.5 inch 480 x 854 pixel LCD
- Processor: MediaTek MT6589 Quad-Core 1.2GHz Cortex-A7 with PowerVR SGX544 GPU
- OS: Android v4.2 Jelly Bean
- Camera: Rear – 5.0 megapixel, autofocus with LED Flash, Front – VGA, Video Record 1080p @ 30fps, Geo-tagging, touch focus, face detection, panorama, HDR, image stabilization
- Connectivity: WiFi b/g/n, GPS, Bluetooth v4.0, Hotspot, micro-USB, FM Radio
- Sensor: Accelerometer, Proximity, Gyro
- Memory: 4GB internal memory + microSD slot expandable up to 32GB, 1GB RAM
- Dimensions: 157 x 79.5 x 9.5, 184 grams
- Battery: Li-Ion 2250mAh
- Colors: Slate-Grey, Cyan-Blue, Neon-Yellow, Fashion-Fuchsia, Ceramic-White
For $179.99 this is a pretty awesome phone. It doesn’t have the HD screens of the Note 3 or LG G2 but then it’s priced far below that competition. This is a pretty nice solution for those that want a phablet for cheap and off contract. The Studio 5.5 is currently shipping, making its way to dealers and retailers.
Last Updated on January 23, 2017.