ROMO by Romotive Inc. is a friendly robot from another world, built to teach kids the basics of computer programming and robotics through a series of adventurous challenges. Using an iPhone or iPod Touch as his brain, ROMO helps kids, ages 8 and up, get excited about science, technology, engineering, and math as soon as they can read. This is what excites us about technology, companies like Romotive Inc. making something fun but educational.
After downloading ROMO’s free updates from the App Store, kids can journey with him across the galaxy, playing challenging missions which introduce the simple concepts behind the programs and software that run our technological world. ROMO is one of the first truly smart, evolving toys that also functions as an advanced communications device. His abilities and features expand over time as users find endless ways to play and learn with him.
A full list of features can be found below:
- Your personal robot – ROMO has his own personality and will react to people and events around him
- Train your ROMO – Complete programming missions to unlock new abilities and features
- Learn as you play – Learn ROMO ‘s amazing story as you complete missions designed to teach the basics of computer programming
- Object follow – ROMO can learn to magically follow certain objects – throw a brightly-colored ball and he’ll chase after it!
- Face detection – ROMO can track and follow your face
- Path tracking – ROMO can detect and follow tracks and paths that you create for him
- Wi-Fi Control – Control ROMO using any iOS device over a Wi-Fi network
Telepresence – Control ROMO from anywhere in the world while streaming two-way video and audio.
“Romo represents what’s next in interactive tech. He’s fun, engaging, and harnesses the power of your smartphone,” said Steve Schwartz, Vice President of Merchandising & Product Development for Brookstone. “We’re thrilled to bring Romo to shoppers this holiday.”
“We are very excited to embark on our first major distribution deal with a renowned retailer like Brookstone,” said Keller Rinaudo, Co-founder and CEO of Romotive. “We are passionate about creating powerful robotic technology for everyone and look forward to expanding our reach with Brookstone.”
ROMO, $149, is currently available for iPhone 5, iPhone 5S, iPhone 5C, iPod touch (5th generation), iPhone 4, iPhone 4S and iPod touch (4th generation) hit the links below to purchase yours.