As mentioned here, updates to Camera Raw 8 for Photoshop CS6 only include new camera support, lens profile support, and bug fixes. The new features listed in the release notes are only available in Photoshop CC.
New Camera Support in Camera Raw 8.3 Release Candidate
- Canon PowerShot S120
- Fujifilm XQ1
- Fujifilm X-E2
- Nikon 1 AW1
- Nikon Coolpix P7800
- Nikon D610
- Nikon D5300 (*)
- Olympus OM-D E-M1
- Olympus STYLUS 1 (*)
- Panasonic DMC-GM1
- Phase One IQ260
- Phase One IQ280
- Sony A7 (ILCE-7)
- Sony A7R (ILCE-7R)
- Sony DSC-RX10 (*)
* denotes preliminary support
New Lens Profile Support in Camera Raw 8.3 Release Candidate
|Canon EOS M||Canon EF-M 11-22mm f/4-5.6 IS STM|
|Nikon||Nikon 1 NIKKOR AW 11-27.5mm f/3.5-5.6|
|Nikon||Nikon 1 NIKKOR AW 10mm f/2.8|
|Nikon||Nikon AF-S NIKKOR 58mm f/1.4G|
|Nikon||Sigma 18-35mm F1.8 DC HSM A013|
|Sigma||Sigma 18-35mm F1.8 DC HSM A013|
|Sony||Sony E 20mm F2.8|
|Sony||Sony FE 28-70mm F3.5-5.6 OSS|
Camera Raw 8.3 RC for Photoshop CC includes the following new features:
- Whites and Blacks now support Auto Levels-like functionality via shift-double-click on the sliders.
- Separate Auto Temperature and Auto Tint feature. Shift-double-click to invoke “auto temperature” and “auto tint” separately.
- Ability to option-click shortcut in Synchronize, New Preset, Save Settings, and Copy/Paste (Bridge) dialog boxes. Option-click a checkbox to check that box exclusively. Option-click again to toggle previous checkbox state.
- Set the background color of the work area. Context-click outside the image in the work area to select a background color from a popup menu.
The above was a press release from Adobe, please hit the links for more.